• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCGF 120

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I totally forgot about this thread. Been playing with servo's. :concern: I'm getting to old for this :steamer:. :lol2:.

Is RCGF going to do a 70 twin or do they have one? I'm too tired to look :laughing:.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I totally forgot about this thread. Been playing with servo's. :concern: I'm getting to old for this :steamer:. :lol2:.

Is RCGF going to do a 70 twin or do they have one? I'm too tired to look :laughing:.
They do. Well, actually it's 68.something cc. From what I hear it's a running fool. Quite the little beast.

I don't think so..

Actually, it is.

The 30 is more like a 34.4cc, and the double it for the twin. So, the 60,in essence, is a 70cc.

I'm debating on either a 60 single, or the RCGF 60 twin for my 93" AJ Laser. I have a 60 single, but need to buy a header and tuned pipe for it, as I want it to honk! The 60 twin is twin ringed, very much like the 150cc and up 3W's.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@Bunky.F.Knuckle, I was referring to what is listed, not what they may actually be. Stronger than advertised is a good thing. And, I have one, two weeks old with 20oz through it. Smooth as silk and running straight pipes, will run it a couple more times tomorrow then close it up and go fly. I started with the recommended break-in prop of 22x8 but there was not enough load for my liking. Now turning a 23x8, much better, far more than this bird needs. I have not had an RCGF engine that I do not like, but, I like the smoothness of the twins so much I am switching all airframes to one. I only have one more to go, a DLE 55 and it will get replaced with one of these.

Attachments

• P1080439.JPG
    P1080439.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 292

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I don't think so..
Ok, allow me to correct myself. "NOT ADVERTIZED"... as Chris pointed out. But as you already know, it might as well be.
Actually, it is.

The 30 is more like a 34.4cc, and the double it for the twin. So, the 60,in essence, is a 70cc.

I'm debating on either a 60 single, or the RCGF 60 twin for my 93" AJ Laser. I have a 60 single, but need to buy a header and tuned pipe for it, as I want it to honk! The 60 twin is twin ringed, very much like the 150cc and up 3W's.
If you go with the twin, I'd really like to see a comparison between a "dub" of the same size. Tell ya why. The numbers are in on the 120 with MTW 75 cans. As expected, I lost about 100 rpm. Big whoop. The bottom end is even smoother than it was. Midrange is pretty much glass. Throttle response? Holy cow patties Batman. I've not seen "snap" off idle and through the midrange like this since I put the RCexl ignitions on my 157 and 170. Absolutely "RIGHT NOW"!!! And grunt? Oh yeah! That's why I'd like to see a comparison. This may very well be the Asian 3w! I really have been spoiled. But hey, the RCGF 120 is coming on danged strong. So strong in fact, next 120cc sized plane I get will have another RCGF 120 up front.

Oh yeah...almost forgot. Quietest twin I've heard yet. That you can take to the bank.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
If anyone goes a sixty twin I have a set of cans you can have, they are from IBCNYOURC, should not cost much to ship.
The yella Pitts shown above had the CRRC 55cc twin in it, moved it to the lighter GP Pitts. The way the CRRC flew it was great, but, this RCGF is really going to jack it up. No comparison between the two.