• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCGF 120

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

If you want to replace the 157 in your Baby, let me know and I will send you a box and I'll even send money for return postage. . . . . . . :spongebob:
I like the RCGF 120. Even more so now. But worms and maggots will be fighting for my flesh and I will be pushing up daisies before my cold dead fingers lose their grip on my 157 and 170. Sorry pal. Just not in the cards for ya.

@Bunky.F.Knuckle, I was referring to what is listed, not what they may actually be. Stronger than advertised is a good thing. And, I have one, two weeks old with 20oz through it. Smooth as silk and running straight pipes, will run it a couple more times tomorrow then close it up and go fly. I started with the recommended break-in prop of 22x8 but there was not enough load for my liking. Now turning a 23x8, much better, far more than this bird needs. I have not had an RCGF engine that I do not like, but, I like the smoothness of the twins so much I am switching all airframes to one. I only have one more to go, a DLE 55 and it will get replaced with one of these.
Thats a good thing. But you see why I said what I said, right? More verbage in your post would have eliminated any confusion. :)

All good man.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thats a good thing. But you see why I said what I said, right? More verbage in your post would have eliminated any confusion. :)

All good man.
Oh yea, it's all good. I know exactly what you mean I only responded for those that may have went looking for the 68 something'ish. And, uh hmm, more verbage in your post would have eliminated any confusion. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I really liked the way the 120 ran with the canisters, so I decided to not wait on replacing the cowl. This time it will be a much cleaner install.

Look Ma, no holes.:laughing:

20160608_181143.jpg
20160608_181206.jpg
20160608_181221.jpg
20160608_181238.jpg
20160608_181422.jpg

Tonight I'll add a little baffling and put the lid back on. She'll be ready for wailin' on this weekend.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok, so this is about as good as my talent will allow. Or shall I say the lack thereof?!
Added one more deflector to the right side of the cowl, carefully cut for the plug cap on the left side. It just almost didn't need it. I may opt to do nothing more to the left side. As for the right side, only the lower cowl needed to be opened up. The upper cowl cover needed no plug cap relief. All assembled and ready for the weekend.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:
20160609_205852.jpg
20160609_205934.jpg
20160609_205950.jpg
20160609_210057.jpg

This, I can live with.