• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCGF 120

Got it and installed. I richened up the needles 1/4 turn prior to installing the engine again. All fresh copper PermaTex on the exhaust and bolts. I find the PermaTex is better than Loctite on exhaust systems. The copper PermaTex doesnt break down with heat, like Loctite does, regardless of grade/color.

Gonna go with a woodie prop this go around. A Xoar 28x10. Should unload quite well upstairs, moreso than the Falcon CF props.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Let us know how you like the acceleration with that 29 x 9 and overall "throttle feel" and response. Thanks Chris.

If I was going to do a 35 center again it would be with a similar kind or even this engine. I know you had the EME 120 at one time. If you would not mind please throw in your thoughts as a comparison.

Give me 10 gallons to fully give that comparison between the EME and RCGF. RCGF stand for Really Cool Guy Flying. :)

I know that the Xoar 28x10 unloads good in the air, but transition on the ground, is horrible. Doesnt want to start, have to choke it 3 or 4 times. It could be lean on the bottom, tho... Once it is upstairs, it is fine. Maybe Wed will be conclusive for me to fine tune it, within a gallon of go go juice. Its running 40:1 content. And if anyone knows me, they know I dont like 40:1 content in my engines.

I started my EME, ZDZ and my other engines on 50:1. I think the piston wasnt aligned in the cylinder on my engine, which is why it locked up. And, that is a fluke thing. There have been many of the RCGF engines out there and running just fine.

I have talked with Chad about my 120, and he said to give it a few gallons and time and it will come around, and that I'll like it. Well, it is coming around, and outside of it wanting to try to bite me a time or 2, it is a good engine.

Once I get 3-4 gallons thru it and on 50:1, I will give it a look over, check the plugs for tune.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Still a China engine. 36:1 - 40:1 will pay dividends over 50:1 when run hard and especially on really hot days run hard. RCGF has been around a lot longer than many of these China / Taiwan two-four letter names so I hope this works out well for them.

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
Keep that thing on 32:1 or even 40:1. That goes with any Asian engine. Mine is still on 32:1 stihl ultra hp and after a tear down after some Gallons it looks new. 50:1 is just not enough for any china engine. The metals just aren't up for it. With that said my rcgf 120 is an absolute beast ripping up a falcon 29x9.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Give that engine all the gas it can drink! Need to know if it is going to be a 5 year motor or a 10 year motor :attaboy:.