• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

crashflow

70cc twin V2
[QUOTE="stangflyer, post: 33842, member: 257"

Damn it Paul...you're in Vegas? I just left there this morning. If I'd known you were there, I'd have bought ya a beer. :yesss:[/QUOTE]
Funny the thought crossed my mind to post on here that I would be there and to see if any one else would be around. I was there cheering on my brother in law that is competing in his 8 th NFR in the saddle bronc riding. Reining world champ Chad Ferley. He's had some rough luck so far this year but there is a lot of rodeo left.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
[QUOTE="stangflyer, post: 33842, member: 257"

Funny the thought crossed my mind to post on here that I would be there and to see if any one else would be around. I was there cheering on my brother in law that is competing in his 8 th NFR in the saddle bronc riding. Reining world champ Chad Ferley. He's had some rough luck so far this year but there is a lot of rodeo left.

Wow...no kidding. I looked at the entertainment listings but missed that I guess. That would have been really fun to see. I have not been to an event like that in about six years. Ah heck...next time. Note to oneself: When visiting other cities, let your pals know you're passin' through.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Done building for the day and bored already. Going on to huck while I watch TV for a while.

No password, come n huck if you want.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Can you fly your plane of choice then?

You can fly whatever you like.
If you don't have a plane someone else is flying, or they don't have the plane you have, the flying image
of that plane looks like a small bluish outlined foamy on my end.

Have a good Holiday Season!
Bob

thurmma

150cc
Ok guys, I am still behind the power curve on RF. I have 5.5 and would like to update, but if the planes don't fly more true to the real thing, then I don't want to waste my money. Can anyone give me a good comparison between the two? I fly the 40% Edge 540 and the Extra 330SC 3D for the most part.

BTW, I am flying on an i7 quad core@3.07 Ghz, 12 gig of ddr3, Nvidia gtx 560ti and 2 1tb wd black drives with a 256 gig SSD for temp files on my desktop machine. The laptop is a dell Precision 6600 i7 quad core, 12 gig ddr3, Quadro 3000 with 1 gig ram and 2 180 gig SSDs.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I never had 5.5
I went from 3.5, to Aerofly, back to Real Flight and I am pleased as punch.
You can manipulate the plane to fly however you like as you well know.
Multiplayer is the bomb too.

Sims at this level are more of a tool than a replacement in my opinion.
I can get the stick movements, timing, and sense for a maneuver even though it's by no
means like being at the field.

Keeps the dexterity and creativity up during the Winter for me!