• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 30cc Yak55 Buid Log

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Can you vive more details on the ibec? Does it get power from the battery directly? Or does it get power through the rx?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
3dnater - IBEC's get power from the rx. I personally don't use them and like to have the ignition powered by it's own separate power source. Just my personal opinion. Although, it does mean one less battery to monitor and keep charged which is a plus.

Herb - Great looking build log man! Plane looks great!

3dNater

I just wanted to make sure it wasnt on a separate power lead from the same battery as the rx. I learned that lesson the hard way.

SnowDog

Herb, first of all, the build looks awesome.

Did you flip your carb? I seem to remember on my DLE-35RA that the mixture screws are on the other site, but perhaps I'm getting confused with my DLE-55RA?

Regarding the IBEC, I'm confused...are you talking about a regular ignition kill switch such as the RCEXL Opto Gas Engine Kill Switch? Or are you referring to the Tech Aero Ultra IBEC device?

Either way, both devices allow operation from a single source and provide isolation via a fiber-optic coupler. I use the RCEXL Opto Kill Switch on my 30cc and 50cc planes without any trouble at all.

As the others have already mentioned, I'd appreciate more details on which device you are using and how you plan to wire it.

Mike

3dNater

Mike the regular rcexl opto kill switch is not designed to run from the same pack as the rx. The isolation is only effective on the rx lead... not on the battery lead. All this is assuming you are using the same one I had that caused me multiple lockouts and a crash. If running the regular rcexl opto kill switch you need to have a separate ignition battery.

SnowDog

I'm not denying that...I'm simply stating that the diagram that comes with the rcexl opto kill switch shows that it supports a single battery setup and so does my 2.5 years of experience with that configuration...but I'm using Airtronics equipment which is perhaps the difference?

3dNater

Yes that is possible. Perhaps the rcexl opto kill is just not that high of quality in the first place. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone after my experience.