• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Buddy,

Looks AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! . . . . .:yesss: Do you have any tips for putting vinyl graphics over open bays of Ultracote ( if you know what I'm trying to say)?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, I really didn't plan to have time for the big Yak today. As it turned out...had breakfast with my little girl this morning, lunch with an awesome woman and did some covering this afternoon. Oh life is great.
:banana-dance:
I did get a little accomplished on the right side of the fuse. More than expected. When I get home at the end of the week I will finish the fuse, rudder and stabs/elevators.
20151213_155622.jpg
20151213_155641.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Buddy,

Looks AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! . . . . .:yesss: Do you have any tips for putting vinyl graphics over open bays of Ultracote ( if you know what I'm trying to say)?
Hmmm....lemme guess....lol. There was a time or three way back in the past I too had umm, the need for a "fix". No real task. I chose a graphic large enough and concieling enough that what I was covering would be very disgreetly hidden. Depending on the uh...open bay, sometimes I would select a matching color of covering and facilitate a repair. Then the graphic would go over that. That's about the best I think any one could do. Short of doing a complete recover. (Which I have also done...ugh) lol

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It maybe to soon to ask but I was wondering how all the precut material from Tony is working out?
It's working pretty well Randy. Everything seems to be fitting very nicely. Still a little confused on the correct placement of the bottom rudder sections, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. If you happen to know someone with the same scheme as I am doing, I could use a side fuselage pic or two.

Oh, and that nice lil sticky you gave me with the control horns is going to look damn nice on the rudder. Would love to have another for the other side. Lol. :way_to_go:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

I don't think I asked what I wanted to. I'm going to be putting some decals over the Ultracote on the bottoms of the wings on my Laser, but the wing sheeting only goes just past the wing tube. I'm just a little worried about pressing down the graphics where there is no wood underneath the Ultracote. I hope that came out right. . . . LOL

Oh, I wish I would have known you needed pictures before I went to the field today. A guy at our field brought his 50cc Pilot Yak out in the same white, green and black scheme. If he brings it out next weekend, I'll make sure to snap a couple of pics in case you still need them.

Spats

100cc
I have built a 37.5 and a 40% for a couple people in that scheme. I have a lot of building pics but not a lot of fully assembled pics for some reason.
20141125_190434.jpg

Attachments

• 20141124_162810.jpg
    20141124_162810.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 231