• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I managed to get a little more done today. Just the main wings to strip now. Cleaned up more of the inside of the fuse. Making progress but still a long ways to go.
20151127_231415.jpg
20151127_231401.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yes.......It was the Turkey!

Looking great Rob. If any one can make it a "10" it's you brother. Looking forward to your maiden now....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes.......It was the Turkey!

Looking great Rob. If any one can make it a "10" it's you brother. Looking forward to your maiden now....
Thank you Kelly. It's been a lot of work. More than I had originally thought. But it's coming around. Very pleased for you on your maiden. Hopefully that new girl will be flying for many joyous flights.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

Is there going to be any work on the Big Yak this weekend? Inquiring minds want to know . . . . . .:laughing:
Actually, yes! Got home late last night and slept most the morning. A Christmas party here, a grandson program there and the afternoon gave way to pure relaxation with the beast.

I built and installed servo bay rails in the aft of the fuse for the rudder servos. Got the last of the inside of the fuse cleaned up and prepped for electronics. Added a fuse plate for the rudder servos and did a final sanding on the fuse. After I finish up replacing some stringers in the bottom of the fuse, (a few were not to my liking) I will be ready to begin the wiring harness installation. Then, time for covering.

Don't know how much I will get done, but I'll just keep plugging away.

20151204_195613.jpg
20151204_195646.jpg