• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Enough for today. Kind of sort of, planning on this arrangement. Not for certain how everything will sit. But this is a start.

20151205_011648.jpg 20151205_011657.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,
So far so good. . . . . . :way_to_go:. Looks like it will be some time after the first of the year before I can get back to my Laser. Oh Well, such is life. . . . :ugh:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Going to get an early start today. I will be focusing on placement and looming of the wiring harnesses. The nicest thing about a large airframe, (besides its flight characteristics) is there is ample space to get my hands in and so many options for ideas. Without further adue, on with the show.

20151205_080036.jpg

-Rick-

100cc
Nice rebuild Rob, I think I'm not going to race you to the finish line! But my Slick WILL fly in the spring!!

Are you going to split the ailerons? (sorry if I missed that!)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nice rebuild Rob, I think I'm not going to race you to the finish line! But my Slick WILL fly in the spring!!

Are you going to split the ailerons? (sorry if I missed that!)
Thanks Rick. I do hope you'll be able to get yours done in plenty of time for some Spring time huckin'!

I won't be splitting the ailerons on this one. Though I did consider it, doing so would probably not prove to give much of an advantage. With the current configuration of the ailerons, they should be plenty effective. And since the Yak's are noted for awesome stability as well as floating like a whisper of smoke, I will be leaving them as they are.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've been making a little progress today. In between movies and such.

I began today with building and installing the female multiplex plug plates in the fuse. I wanted to do this airframe up cleaner than my more recent assembly/builds.

20151205_133201.jpg
20151205_133307.jpg
20151205_134308.jpg
20151205_134430.jpg

After getting the plugs test mounted, I installed the sweet green snakeskin acquired from the Chad Man, @Taildraggerrc, then installed the aileron fuse harnesses.

20151205_163440.jpg
20151205_163458.jpg

I want to get as much of the wiring and harnesses in as possible before covering the fuse. It should help ease the task once all the covering is on. Going to get the elevator and rudder harnesses in this evening. Hopefully I can start giving this behemoth girl a nice outfit to wear.