• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrecting an Old Favorite - 3DHS 87" Extra SHP

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot happened to the Edge?
See post #7....pulse line from carb to manifold cracked and broke (old tubing). The resulting landing in the hay field was not the greatest, but busted up the fuse way more that I expected. That plane didn't fly very well in my opinion, so I figured if I'm gonna put time into a resurrection, might as well do an airframe that does fly well.
Great job on this excellent 87!

Worth saving!

:)

Joe
Thanks....most definitely worth it!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Guess I shouldn't have put these on it....:lol2:
20161204_105544.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yeah....Shelby doesn't like to miss any of the excitement :)

Got the Ole Powerhouse DL50 ;) mounted up.
20161208_112504.jpg

This is the better of the two cowlings I had....which was the one that went into the trees. Canopy is from my first SHP. So glad I hung onto all these pieces thru the years. Although both have some cracks, etc, they are minor and structurally sound. Starting to look like a plane!!!
20161208_112553.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah....Shelby doesn't like to miss any of the excitement :)

Got the Ole Powerhouse DL50 ;) mounted up.
View attachment 92030
This is the better of the two cowlings I had....which was the one that went into the trees. Canopy is from my first SHP. So glad I hung onto all these pieces thru the years. Although both have some cracks, etc, they are minor and structurally sound. Starting to look like a plane!!!
View attachment 92031
Looking pretty darned nice Earle. Bet you are really anxious to have it repaired.