• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your cowl exit air pics

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Creative Foam from the craft store. Glues with regular CA, cuts with scissors and the heat doesn't affect it.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
That's really cool..... (pun intended) How do you like your GP?

The engine is solid. Had a bad hall sensor that was making it hard to start and run erratically in the low/mid range but that's all fixed.
It's an animal though! Never had a plane with this kind of power to weight ratio.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The engine is solid. Had a bad hall sensor that was making it hard to start and run erratically in the low/mid range but that's all fixed.
It's an animal though! Never had a plane with this kind of power to weight ratio.
Sweet....glad to hear that it runs so well. I was quite impressed a few days ago upon doing the first start up. A few flips from bone dry new tank, and away she was going. Man this thing pulls!!!!

emtp275

100cc
photo.JPG

camss69

70cc twin V2
Here's the exits on my 104 EF. I also added a little air spoiler just ahead of the big hole that isn't pictured

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 292

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
this is what i did to the bottom of the cowl. instead of cutting out a hole, i scored it and turned the "lip" downward, to create a negative pressure air dam. this will help extract the hot air out of the cowl, at the same time, it is not a big "ugly" hole on the bottom.

16314=11125-IMG_5760.jpg
16314=11125-IMG_5760.jpg
16314=11124-IMG_5761.jpg
16314=11124-IMG_5761.jpg
Does that make your plane climb at higher speeds, or is there no effect?

Last edited: