• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Surviving Joe Nall 2015

emtp275

100cc
If camping a tent that has been checked for leaks prior to leaving!! Mine was amazingly bug prof but the rain came rite one in a sucky way to get woke up at 2 am

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
If camping a tent that has been checked for leaks prior to leaving!! Mine was amazingly bug prof but the rain came rite one in a sucky way to get woke up at 2 am

funny you should say that....did you know that bug sprays eat away at the chemicals applied for waterproofing? my wife sprayed our tent one year at cub scout camp with bug spray and water weeped in whenever it rained!

mndless

Don't know a thing..
I am only going to be able to get there for one day... what day do I not want to miss ???

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
How about we do this

It's May 9 through the 16th, Here's the schedule courtesy of;
http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/joe-nall-schedule-and-map.php

Schedule:
Gate and registration open Friday at 5:00pm and are open 24 hours a day." Yes, someone will be there at 3:00am to check you in."

Fly 24 hours a day.

9:00am till 6:00pm Controlled flying: Flight line Procedure and designated aircraft type will be enforced.

After hours flying- all AMA safety rules still apply. No Gas engines after 12:00 midnight.

9:00am each day, If there is not a pilots meeting that day, Keep flying.

12:00 Noon Demo: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday on main line.

1:30pm Warbird Gaggle: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday on main line.

Tuesday 6:30 Pork Loin dinner: Hanger patio, limit 200 tickets.

Wednesday 6:30 Low Country Shrimp Boil: Hanger patio, limit 200 tickets.

Thursday 6:00pm AMA meeting and meal: Main line will be electric aircraft only till after meeting.

Thursday 7:30pm-10:00pm Nitrograss Band will be playing on the porch of TTA General Store.

Friday 11:45am Joe Nall Award: Main flight line.

Friday 7:00pm Joe Nall World Famous BBQ at the hanger: We will serve 1000 people in 22 minutes.

General store open as often as possible when volunteers are available.

See Food and Hospitality page for food service scheduled and other meals.

See Vendor page for their arrival date.

Fun, Fellowship, and Hospitality all the time.

Sunday 12:00 noon Gate closes

There are some things that are day to day specific like the Pork Loin dinner on Tuesday (I'll have to get two tickets for me and SleepyC), other things are going on all day every day

Is the Nitrograss Band a formal band thing or more like an open jam?

emtp275

100cc
funny you should say that....did you know that bug sprays eat away at the chemicals applied for waterproofing? my wife sprayed our tent one year at cub scout camp with bug spray and water weeped in whenever it rained!

Funny you should bring this Up I have done that before not knowing it would degrade a tent to nothing more than a fancy bed sheet.