• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tail Wheel Steering, Springs vs Fuel Tubing or other setups

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
IMAC FANATIC said
Found all these items at orchard supply hardware, ace probably has it too. JnJ has the double springs I believe, post some pics when your done, like to see what you end up doing, and your welcome.
Cool...I will try a few places and see what I come up with. I will post pictures once I get done...thanks for the advice and input. I do appreciate it.

edgewise

30cc
I've had good luck using air line tubing,you can get it in allot of different colors too. I have been attaching it with the colored Dubro swivel links with a piece of all thread.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
edgewise said
I've had good luck using air line tubing,you can get it in allot of different colors too. I have been attaching it with the colored Dubro swivel links with a piece of all thread.
I'm going to have to give this a try.    I like springs and fishing swivels but your way seems easier to put together and maintain.      What type of air line tubing are you using, I always assumed it was glow fuel line.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Terryscustom said

edgewise said
I'm going to have to give this a try.    I like springs and fishing swivels but your way seems easier to put together and maintain.      What type of air line tubing are you using, I always assumed it was glow fuel line.

Here you go @Terryscustom 

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=Robart+pressure+tubing

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You guys aren't hating on my fuel tubing, are you?
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif
Tailwheel-Small.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Cool, I'll order up some of that airline.      I think I remember noting that it was much smaller dia. than fuel tubing (sorry jetpainter, your's is cool too).     Springs are just getting to be more maintenance over time and if you roll your plane backwards putting it into the trailer the fuel line does not care where the springs get all upset.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Terryscustom said
Cool, I'll order up some of that airline.      I think I remember noting that it was much smaller dia. than fuel tubing (sorry jetpainter, your's is cool too).     Springs are just getting to be more maintenance over time and if you roll your plane backwards putting it into the trailer the fuel line does not care where the springs get all upset.
Coool..... let me know how that works out for you. I think for now, my issue is resolved...(or at least temporarily silenced)... But will say, in the future I have some ideas that are full proof. Thanks guys...