• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Not after I moved from using he extended phoenelic arm included with EF kits to using the outer hole of the stock arm.
Make sure you're setting end points at max and using the innermost hole you can... Geometry is important with small servos

So limit it to manufacturers limits. What fun is that! Lol. Makes sense. Actually I'm in the evolving camp that we've overdone the whole throw thing. You can definitely get "more with less" and there is overkill with control throws.

quadracer

100cc
If you have servos less than a year old, they'll repair/replace them stateside. If more than a year, they have to be sent to Taiwan, and it's cheaper to buy new ones. I just sent a couple 1258s in for service, and this is the email I got regarding service:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382534590.262322.jpg

wedoitall

Geometry is important with small servos

Yes it is. One of the reason why I stress the importance of checking amp draw when setting your servos up. Also don't do anything crazy as far as throws on the smaller servos. Most maneuvers I like the minimal throw to achieve the certain move. Only a few I like massive throws, that's why triple rates rawk! Just wish sometimes I had quad rates.

gyro

GSN Contributor
You will love it! If not, you know my address! Enjoy.

Had to cancel the order. $128 for shipping a 35cc plane was just too big of a pill to swallow.
Maybe I'll try and get one at Nall or SEFF this year if I make it and still have space in the hangar. :(

I fly around 800 flights a month( I think I might fall into the category of pilots who fly a lot ;) ).

Flying as much as I do, I sometimes have an off day where I just am not on the top of my game(this happens probably 1-2 times a year).
When this happens I just take a day or two off and then get right back to it.

You probably just need a few days off. Hang in there.

What?! Thats 27 flights PER DAY everyday!!
Spose its possible but wow!

3dbandit

100cc

Yup.

That does include foamy flights though.

I fly Thursday afternoon, Friday Afternoon, Saturday from around 8:30am-11:30pm, Sunday 9am-8pm.

Monday and Tuesday I do foamy flying in the front yard. Sometimes I also fly on Wednesday, if I don't, I make up for it on the RF. I also fly RF before school some days.

wedoitall

800 is definitely possible. I'm closer to 650-700 a month counting foamys. Then also on top of that is RF. Some call it diehard, I just call it fun. I've been flying for just 1 year total, 3d since around December. All of that stick time has helped me progress quite fast. There's not a 3d maneuver that I know of that I can't do. Actually just learned rolling loops, just need to refine them. Also working on precision flight and tie'n everything together.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have a question, especially for you that fly a lot. Do you ever have a off day sometimes? A day that you just don't fly as good as your normal? I had one today, it has happened before a few times. I think when that happens that's its time for a day or 3 break from flying. Everything I did today just looked sloppy, out of sync.

I'm late to the party on this (been working out of town the past two weeks) but I have this happen to me every so often as well. For me it is normally just a one day deal where my mind is just not up to the task. I don't think it has to do with needing a break for several days as much as it is just that my mind is tired or concentration is lacking. I don't think it is related to flying as much as just whatever is going on in life in general. It is just a good day to circle fly a bit and maybe do some big sky precision flying and just sort of relax.