• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Here's the longest and shortest vids of the Avanti. You can see at the end of the longer vid a shadow of his hand with a cig in it lol. Guess it was burning a bit short and he had to put it down lol. I agree though that the bigger 90mm fans like in the F-4 I want are only getting 3 to 3 and a half minutes on 5000/6000 packs. This is where the Avanti S new motor excels for a 80mm fan.

WMcNabb

150cc
Today was to be maiden day for the Python if everything went well. Good news was the engine ran well. Bad news was something in the electrical system affected the control surfaces. Both the left lower aileron and the right elevator were jittery. And no, it was not the joker moving the sticks! I’ll troubleshoot the receiver between now and next weekend, then try again. Sky was incredible so I had to take a few photos before packing up and heading back home.

FA664B53-D775-417A-8655-36CD35D35273.jpeg
629F09B2-D137-4136-A3F8-CF039EFADEB7.jpeg
6724B3C2-44A5-414D-B9F1-9DE0771714EC.jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Today was to be maiden day for the Python if everything went well. Good news was the engine ran well. Bad news was something in the electrical system affected the control surfaces. Both the left lower aileron and the right elevator were jittery. And no, it was not the joker moving the sticks! I’ll troubleshoot the receiver between now and next weekend, then try again. Sky was incredible so I had to take a few photos before packing up and heading back home.

View attachment 105407 View attachment 105408 View attachment 105409
Good call. And good catch. Last thing I you need is to end a perfect day with a not so perfect flight. There will always be the next time right?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 105407 View attachment 105408 View attachment 105409
By the way, damn that is a pretty plane. Ya wanna sell it?:yesss: