• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ohio.AV8TOR said
Boy we are losing light in the evenings now.  Was only able to get in 3 flights tonight.  After the time change it will be only weekends most likely.  
Only 3 flights today? That's it! No cookies and milk for you. 

Sure hope the wind does not "howl" tomorrow. I gotta date to punish my Lil 260. Been too long....

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ohio.AV8TOR said
stangflyer said
Only 3 flights today? That's it! No cookies and milk for you. 

I am a wimp I guess as this thing called work consumes the daylight. 

jase_night_extra2.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Got out for a full day of flying yesterday. Started off by meeting a few of the fellas for breakfast around 8:30am, made it home around 7:30pm, tired as crap, but we had a blast.
DSCF3407-1.JPG

DSCF3415-1.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
ChickenBalls said
Got out for a full day of flying yesterday. Started off by meeting a few of the fellas for breakfast around 8:30am, made it home around 7:30pm, tired as crap, but we had a blast.
Always good to get together and do some flyin'! What motor is in the Spacewalker?

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
ExtraNuts said
Going out in the morning to fly for the first time in months. Taking the newest and smallest gasser I have, an Aerobeez 74" slick 540. It had a DLE 30 ( my first experience with DLE) in it when I maidened it last spring. Engine ran erratic and inconsistent no matter how much I tuned on it. And was underpowered, and required a unbelievable amount of mixing to fly just half decent. I just put in a DLE 35ra the other night and made some
HPIM3479.JPG

airframe changes that should have been factory standard. Going to try it in the morning. If it doesn't kick ass im going to off it like soiled briefs and buy another 35% from EF or Pilot and a DA.
Well its a keeper now. After the mods and putting the 35RA on, and Vess 19A, it got the 3 minute on the ground break in before cooling down then a 7 minute ring out from hell, followed by a couple more flights. The DLE 35ra is a screamin little sucker and didn't miss a beat. Just a hint on the rich side and I mean barely. The plane fly's better too. Plenty of power now. I even let 2 friends ring it out. So far it's good. I might just like these size planes now. Good times!