• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Yesterday was a nice 59 slight breeze and today it's 18 and snow blowing. No flying outdoors for a few.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup..we're pretty lucky with the weather except last winter's polar vortex that kept sending cold shots our way. Typically our winters are mild enough we can pretty much fly year round.
You're really not that far from Little Rock, right? In my younger days when I was a truck drivin' man, I spent a lot of time over in Tx., Ark., Miss., Ok., area.... Sometimes I miss being able to see all the pretty scenery this nation has to offer. Autumn in New England up around Vermont and New Hampshire is simply gorgeous. Sometimes I think I could go back to driving truck just to see the sights again. Then I remember....naaa..... got my planes and they would miss me. LOL

Spats

100cc
View attachment 1480 View attachment 1482 View attachment 1486 View attachment 1488 View attachment 1490 View attachment 1491 View attachment 1492 View attachment 1493 View attachment 1495 View attachment 1496 One of the best days to fly in a long time...had a blast. Started out in the upper 40s and wound up close to 60 by the time we all left the field. Wind never got above 5mph out of the southwest which is my favorite direction if we have wind...

Nice planes:)

tylerzx9r

100cc
You all are killing me..... Its like 35* and 50+ Gusts here in Nebraska! I can only fly a sim in those conditions! oh well..... be thankful you get the chance when you can right?

Spats

100cc
Don't beat yourself up. We here is So Cal pay a heavy price to have some of the best weather on the planet all year around. We get to fly all year in 70ish degrees but our real estate cost more than double the average of the US. Flying fields are far and fewer in between and noise is almost always an issue.

So I may get to wear shorts 90% of the year but the with all the liberal tax lovers here my wallet is thin. Still I wouldn't trade the year around flying for myself but..........

Mikeq

150cc
Little bit cool yesterday morning, couple of us had planned a cookout, so out to the field 4:30 am. Yes I said 4:30 am. Smoking a Brisket takes some time, so it required an early,early, EARLY COLD START. Thank you to @mulehead1969 for getting out even earlier, to start the fire in burn barrel, so Chickenballs didn't freeze. Thank you for the pics also mulehead

That brisket loos good...you guys cook and fly often? We ever cook unless we have a fun-fly then its usually hot dogs and burgers..

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Don't beat yourself up. We here is So Cal pay a heavy price to have some of the best weather on the planet all year around. We get to fly all year in 70ish degrees but our real estate cost more than double the average of the US. Flying fields are far and fewer in between and noise is almost always an issue.

So I may get to wear shorts 90% of the year but the with all the liberal tax lovers here my wallet is thin. Still I wouldn't trade the year around flying for myself but..........

He's right, we have to pay to keep our winter heater on.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
That brisket loos good...you guys cook and fly often? We ever cook unless we have a fun-fly then its usually hot dogs and burgers..

Mike we do cook often, we don't always do Briskets, but my buddy Paul was practicing this past Sun. for our menu at Joe Nall. We do lots of Ribs, St Louis style, Baby Backs, pork butts, we are blessed with a grill master in our club, and I for one take advantage of his skills as often as I can. There are other perks to this cooking, there is always left overs, and I bring mama home a plate, which in turn, gets me extra benefits at home. My lovely bride is a bit different than most ladies, she don't care nothing bout no flowers, candy BS, give her a plate of brisket,or ribs (her favs) with fixins, an she's ready to run youngins out the house, and turn some chika bowwow music on.