• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
40 mph gusts here today. Hoping the winds subside by tomorrow. I would really like to get the Sukhoi out and get a few IMAC learning laps in with my friend Tim Cooper. It blew enough today to make up for an entire year of wind...thanks there Mother Nature...Ugh.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
40 mph gusts here today. Hoping the winds subside by tomorrow. I would really like to get the Sukhoi out and get a few IMAC learning laps in with my friend Tim Cooper. It blew enough today to make up for an entire year of wind...thanks there Mother Nature...Ugh.

That's pretty windy. I might not even fly in that :oblong:

thurmma

150cc
We had those winds on Sunday here. Not quite 40 but definitely some 30mph gusts. I went up for one flight and that was enough excitement for a long time :)

Robotech

70cc twin V2
We had 20mph Sunday but it was straight down the runway so me and a buddy got out and flew three or four rounds. It can sure change when and where you add/take away power to keep your radius's consistent. Good practice.

thurmma

150cc
Our winds would start out down the runway and by the time you were done practicing they were coming straight across the runway, not fun! Kind of reminded me of the contest in Kansas last October, crabbing in at a 45 under pretty good power just to make it to the runway :(