• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The stick bangers thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I notice a Funtana in the back ground, I had on of those and it was a blast until I completely destroyed it, so bad that the pilots head broke off in the carnage.

Seems mine had a similar fate lol. Had a YS 63 in it and I learned inverted harriers/waterfalls and close in hovering with it.
It flew better than the edge in the vid. I will say it was really really windy and in calm weather the edge will hold a hover on its own with hardly any input and slowly start torque rolling. I do not have smoke but the 30% heli fuel smoked out the whole line one day. I think it was the longest hover I held with any plane other than my 104. There are some planes out there that make modest 3D pilots as myself look even better. I really think Terry's Viper ARF is going to be one of those planes!:too-cool:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No videos from the weekend??

Not worth posting. Just some shake down flying and knocking off rust. Have had much better days with the 104.
Snapshot 1 (4-27-2015 12-54 AM).png

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
ouch ! hope it wasn't as bad as it looked!

Bunch of dirt in cowl broke the left wheel pant. Dirt was very soft. Corn had just been planted. 30 more feet would have made runway. Just could not squeeze out that air speed. It stalled just at the right time. Even at 27.5 lbs this plane has an extremely slow stall speed. This is it after I got it home...No kidding....Photo344.jpg