• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

sweetpea

100cc
I've had some "family issues" that have really slowed me down to basically nothing on my shop. But I have started cleaning things up and finally got this done. I got this kitchen set as a freebie from my aunt. I can't believe that it actually fit between the beams with less than 1/8 inch gap. Just a little paint is all I did. The counter top still needs a sheet of drywall but I'll get that this weekend.

IMG_20150707_175651143.jpg
IMG_20150707_175709922_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150707_193640565_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150822_124127835_HDR.jpg

thurmma

150cc
It was a very productive night in the shop tonight. I received the "new" cylinders for the 106 making it a CS :) Took the cylinders and pistons off the classic 106, put them on the TOC crankcase, because it is the older of the two, and put the cylinders from Gerhard on the newer 106 crankcase. Oiled them both up a bit and turned them over with a drill to make sure the cylinders got a good coat of oil before I tried firing them up in a couple days. The CS version has a TON of compression already. I put a prop on both of them and turned them over with the plugs in and there is a big difference between the two. Should be interesting to get the CS fired up. I may actually have to baffle the Extra to make sure it stays cool with the added compression. The TOC ran at about 210-215 on the ground after a flight. The classic would always run right around 185 - 195 under the same circumstances.

Also got a lot of work done on the fuselage :) Should be ready to fly this weekend :)

I added the landing gear picture as a testament to the landing gear repairs that were made a month ago. It held up just fine after taking a hard blow on the dead stick landing in the rough field.
repair2.jpg

landinggear.jpg

repair1.jpg

cs106.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I only wish they made the yak in 49" I have servos motor ESC and rx sitting here for one, I have flown my crack yak light into the ground in the past few days I forgot how good these are for learning
You should pull the trigger on one of the 39" Yaks. They are a total blast.