• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Spent a decent amount of time repairing the elevator last night. Only had 30 minute epoxy to glue with, so it came out pretty strong. Re-enforced it with some scrap CF rod I had hanging around the shop.

20150825_200439.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent several hours tonight programming a helicopter flybarless unit and a Castle 130 amp speed controller. I had never used Castle Link or programed a governor before and it all went pretty well after I discovered the short extension I was using on the throttle lead to the ESC was bad. Of course it took me an hour to figure that out.:mad:

BalsaDust

I spent several hours tonight programming a helicopter flybarless unit and a Castle 130 amp speed controller. I had never used Castle Link or programed a governor before and it all went pretty well after I discovered the short extension I was using on the throttle lead to the ESC was bad. Of course it took me an hour to figure that out.:mad:
Better than the last time I found an extension that had gone bad. Mine was the elevator extension on a 40 size profile. Had just installed a new elevator servo and a tuned pipe on the motor. Was getting used to how it felt with the extra power and hadn't trimmed the elevator yet. Centered the stick and the plane pitched up so I applied a little down elevator to correct at which point it continued to pitch further and further down until it met Tera firma. Picked up the pieces and a buddy was helping me diagnose the problem. When he would wiggle the extension at the joint the elevator would do all sorts of crazy things. Now I solder all my extensions on.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Straightened out the aileron last night with the assistance of my new dremel (stupid airplanes making me buy more tools......... :oblong::D ). Now onto the rudder.

20150826_190844.jpg

Not pictured is the strips of CF I glued inside of the TE to strengthen that section. She is super strong.

Cowl (lurking in the background through the aileron) will come next week, as will recovering everything.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
My new speed control for my Trex 550e showed up yesterday so last night there was more bullet and connector soldering along with more wiring and programing and gear mesh adjustment for the new Quantum motor.

The Trex should be ready to go, the Goblin 570 on the other hand needs one more night of work.

I may try and take off early today and make some test flights.

20150827_224146_resized.jpg