• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Starting to look a little like a plane, just have come up on how to attach the canopy to the fuselage. And the cowl to the fuselage. Hopefully by then the 3/4 inch diameter carbon tube will be in stock so that I can order it work on the fuselage wing connection.
B5B7FB3D-2843-4C0A-A062-20FE1B8978C2.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Making some progress on the one side for the wing supports and fitting to the fuselage. This is not difficult because it does not need to be lined up with any thing just needs to be square and flat. It is the second side that will be all the work matching it the fuselage and the other wing.
Need a 3/4 inch carbon wing tube c/w socket 36 inches long. Normally get it from gator rc but they have been out of stock for quite a while. Does anyone where I can get one.

WMcNabb

150cc
Making some progress on the one side for the wing supports and fitting to the fuselage. This is not difficult because it does not need to be lined up with any thing just needs to be square and flat. It is the second side that will be all the work matching it the fuselage and the other wing.
Need a 3/4 inch carbon wing tube c/w socket 36 inches long. Normally get it from gator rc but they have been out of stock for quite a while. Does anyone where I can get one.

I’ve not ordered anything from this company. However, I have been looking at their products.

https://store.acpcomposites.com/category/tubes-rods

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well tried to order a electric motor and ESC from extreme flight but everything was out of stock. It is starting to get difficult to get rc stuff.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Put the wings on and it came together nicely. Everything is square and parallel. Now just have get the rest of the parts to install on the plane. Once I can buy the rest of the stuff we will do CG check place the batteries and build a support for the batteries, When that is all done it will be covered.
24C4A0EE-FAB4-4521-93C1-7BFC989661FE.jpeg