• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Nick have you ever dealt with Scorpion products, they seem to be expensive but found the perfect motor and ESC combination for the plane but are 100 bucks more than anyone else. Is it a reputable company has anyone else used there products. Need some help and assistance thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Decided to fit the landing gear to plane this went well and it all looks like it is going to do the job. Had make some bushings and spacers the fit the wheels to the gear.
B55838C5-BA7A-41FA-9AFC-1FD4D50DC53C.jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc
Nick have you ever dealt with Scorpion products, they seem to be expensive but found the perfect motor and ESC combination for the plane but are 100 bucks more than anyone else. Is it a reputable company has anyone else used there products. Need some help and assistance thanks.

Heard really good things about Scorpion products. Saw that Extreme Flight just signed on to carry their ESCs.

Have been exploring the possibility of a gear driven electric 100cc setup with Scorpion products, but really like the convenience of filling the tank and going back up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Heard really good things about Scorpion products. Saw that Extreme Flight just signed on to carry their ESCs.

Have been exploring the possibility of a gear driven electric 100cc setup with Scorpion products, but really like the convenience of filling the tank and going back up.
Thanks for that yes I noticed that EF has started to carry there new Scorpion ESC and that is the one I am really interested in. It has some really interesting features and seems to be way ahead of anything of the competition.
I started into electrics two seasons ago, but by the time I got to the end of the second season with just two sets of battery packs I can recharge and fly again all day with in 15 minutes.

WMcNabb

150cc
Thanks for that yes I noticed that EF has started to carry there new Scorpion ESC and that is the one I am really interested in. It has some really interesting features and seems to be way ahead of anything of the competition.
I started into electrics two seasons ago, but by the time I got to the end of the second season with just two sets of battery packs I can recharge and fly again all day with in 15 minutes.

This power system has me very interested in electrics.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

This power system has me very interested in electrics.

That is a big electrical system very interesting and it does fly well and almost 7 minutes. I am up 40cc and enjoying it but at the moment I will sticking with that size for the meantime. I believe the latest big advancements is in the ESC.
One thing did you notice the Kv on the motor that cannot be right with a 12S pack. It should be down around 200 Kv. Don’t understand that number. That would put the engine in 20,000 rpm range.

Last edited:

WMcNabb

150cc
That is a big electrical system very interesting and it does fly well and almost 7 minutes. I am up 40cc and enjoying it but at the moment I will sticking with that size for the meantime. I believe the latest big advancements is in the ESC.
One thing did you notice the Kv on the motor that cannot be right with a 12S pack. It should be down around 200 Kv. Don’t understand that number. That would put the engine in 20,000 rpm range.

This power system uses a GRU.

14CB1C1A-2421-4D2C-9E3B-B06EEF8A7ED8.jpeg

Photo is from a thread on RCGroups. Installation is a Mamba 120.