• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
I cleaned last night. Today too. Just cleaned and straightened up. Got 11 GS planes getting dropped off tomarrow to start my building for the year. Got to get back to organizing.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just waiting for a sunny calm day to go out and get slimed! This one is "out of the shop" for now!

Attachments

• Photo279.jpg
    Photo279.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 30
  • Photo278.jpg
    Photo278.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo276.jpg
    Photo276.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 27

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It's still fun to drag some of those planes out once in awhile.

Yah, every so often. I was extremely surprised I even got the last set of parts to rebuild the engine. Maybe it will out last me!?
I was surprised it ran so well. Compression came back but rod is stretched. I do remember I put BOCA bearings in it (high speed high heat) and they are still perfect. The stock bearings would always have weakened cages after a season of flying.

HornetNZ

50cc
Working on the landing gear & pants for my 30cc GeeBee R3. Was sposed to get Oleos, but they don't sell them anymore so I'm reinforcing & modding the stock wire. Also wasn't happy with the gap of the pant & wing at leading edge, so I added some balsa and sanded to shape. Now waiting for the paint to dry.

Attachments

• 2015-01-07 22.29.12.jpg
    2015-01-07 22.29.12.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2015-01-07 23.50.25.jpg
    2015-01-07 23.50.25.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 17
Moved all my planes out to trailer, so wifey could have a garage sale. Lucky Me.
If you put 'em in the trailer that means you have to fly them the next day.

If you don't, then they might not fly so well because they'll get used to just sitting in the trailer, riding back and forth to the field. Before you know it, you're a F.O.G.

BJ Swope