• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

sweetpea

100cc
Just ordered my floor tiles for the shop! Won't be these quite these colors and design, but it is snap together tiles with diamond plate top.
floor.jpg

Excavation starts Saturday AM (if the rain isn't heavy on Friday)!

@bigblueswope I neglected to mention the servo in the head is on a separate channel, mixed with the rudder, and is reversible. When I make a low close in Knife edge pass he is looking out the side.Flip a switch and he can clear the airspace to the right and left when taxiing out to the runway after getting clearance from the tower LOL!!! As to how I designed it. The servo is in the head mounted upside down and the horn is glued in the shoulder portion of the figure. Because of the vibration, and ease of repair you can remove the head with the horn mounting screw install a new mini servo. and put him back together. There is a lite plywood plate glued to the bottom of the figure and mounted with four small wood screws, to remove the Figure if repair is needed, and a small hole in the canopy floor for the servo wire. :way_to_go:
That my friend is f'ing AWESOME!

HornetNZ

50cc
Finished 2 new foamies for NEF. WMPF Mcfoamy X (Depron) and WMPF Vengeance. :)

Attachments

• 2015-03-19 20.39.22.jpg
    2015-03-19 20.39.22.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 344

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just ordered my floor tiles for the shop! Won't be these quite these colors and design, but it is snap together tiles with diamond plate top.

I've been checking these out as well. If we sell / buy a new house I'm slightly optimistic for an unfinished basement so I can build a man cave and put these on the floor. Where did you get yours?

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Been thinking of a way to use the wasted space in the topper of the truck when traveling to events. Back when I flew glow and took 5 or so planes to the field every time out I made a platform. After talking with @Pete Rosas he gave me the idea that I think will work great. He's a metal guy though so I had to CNC mine out of plywood. It will be plywood and birch solid wood frame with a thin plywood platform. Will work perfectly for wing bags and small things. Ended up being a 55 x 65 x 9.5" space after I got it assembled and test fit. Need to wrap up the plywood and upper rails and I'll get it installed this weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG0979.jpg
    IMAG0979.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMAG0980.jpg
    IMAG0980.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 318
  • IMAG0981.jpg
    IMAG0981.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0982.jpg
    IMAG0982.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 319

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I've been checking these out as well. If we sell / buy a new house I'm slightly optimistic for an unfinished basement so I can build a man cave and put these on the floor. Where did you get yours?

Did I mention how beautiful NC is, especially the Sandhill's area. Nall is only bout 3hr drive. Chickenballs or his son (once he gets older) would mow your grass for FREE. I'd go as far as to throw in one of my Pit Bitches, if we could get ya'll to move here.

Alpha20

50cc
Finished a depron model (Click 3D Evo), and then installed aileron servos in my new compy Extra. I can hardly get in and out of my hobbyroom which is only 3X3 meters..