• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

sweetpea

100cc
@sweetpea if you can wire lights and outlets, the breaker box is a walk in the park! The main thing is keeping the wires neat and organized inside the box. I am assuming you will be running 220 to some outlets, that would be the only thing out of the norm for you.

I am not licensed and did all of the wiring for my garage and when I converted the built in garage to 2 bedrooms, a full bath and my office. I ran an 8 awg wire from the main box on the other end of the house and then wired the rooms the way I wanted them ran. Each wall is on its own breaker and the lights are on their own circuit also, so when you plug an iron into the wall it doesn't dim the lights, unlike the rest of the house that I haven't rewired yet. I hate when contractors shortcut the wiring to save a couple bucks here and there. If they can't bid it to be wired correctly, then don't bid the job.

I had 100 amp service ran to my garage with its own meter. The only thing the electric company did was connect it to the box on the outside. All electrical passed city code inspection first time through with flying colors.

I know I can do it. I should have just had electric taken off the permit. Now I have to try to do it after the fact so they will sign off on the building once its complete or work with this electrician to lower his labor costs or allow me to do most of the labor.

BalsaDust

I know I can do it. I should have just had electric taken off the permit. Now I have to try to do it after the fact so they will sign off on the building once its complete or work with this electrician to lower his labor costs or allow me to do most of the labor.

If I were closer I would give you a good price on doing the electtrical work but your quite a ways away.

BalsaDust

Worked on a couple different things last night. Got the fuse framed up for my new slab. Also I purchased some FPV gear from a buddy yesterday so I decided I needed to start on a plane to use the FPV stuff. Decided to build the blunt nose version of the flitetest versa wing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 252

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Here is something I did a couple years ago I thought might be something of interest. I took a Helmet Head Pilot and made his head swivel right and left With the rudder FWIW. I can explain how I did it if there is any interest and the project does not involve much time at all.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_3839.JPG IMG_3834.JPG IMG_3835.JPG IMG_3836.JPG IMG_3837.JPG IMG_3838.JPG IMG_3840.JPG IMG_3841.JPG IMG_3842.JPG I just can't leave well enough alone. On my 6 year old Sky Crapper I decided to go all out and do more than I planned to do. Also got some more work done on my friends Christen Eagle. As you can see the color left on the vertical stab after removing the old covering is easily removed with a little acetone

Last edited:
Here is something I did a couple years ago I thought might be something of interest. I took a Helmet Head Pilot and made his head swivel right and left With the rudder FWIW. I can explain how I did it if there is any interest and the project does not involve much time at all.
Not that I'm dissing your work here but you need to reverse the motion of the head. If he's giving right rudder he would be clearing the airspace to the right wouldn't he :)

BJ Swope

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Not that I'm dissing your work here but you need to reverse the motion of the head. If he's giving right rudder he would be clearing the airspace to the right wouldn't he :)

BJ Swope
@bigblueswope I neglected to mention the servo in the head is on a separate channel, mixed with the rudder, and is reversible. When I make a low close in Knife edge pass he is looking out the side.Flip a switch and he can clear the airspace to the right and left when taxiing out to the runway after getting clearance from the tower LOL!!! As to how I designed it. The servo is in the head mounted upside down and the horn is glued in the shoulder portion of the figure. Because of the vibration, for ease of repair you can remove the head with the horn mounting screw install a new mini servo. and put him back together. There is a lite plywood plate glued to the bottom of the figure and mounted with four small wood screws, to remove the Figure if repair is needed, and a small hole in the canopy floor for the servo wire. :way_to_go:

Last edited: