• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Finished repairing the wing of my sbach today.
image.jpeg

But more importantly we got to meet our God daughter today.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Watched more youtube videos.........figured @Bartman would get a kick out of this!!

pretty cool but i don't get why people like to have their faces sandblasted by standing back there when the plane is taking off??? I've been into St Maarten in a 737, that's another place where the people stand out there. There was a little bar on the beach just off the centerline of the runway and you can have a drink while watching the planes land, SunsetSXM.com

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
That is exactly what I was going to say! More power, less weight, more reliable.

a DA-50 makes more power than a G-62? I've seen that comment before but I have a hard time believing it, it's 12cc's difference after all. Zenoah's are pretty darn reliable, fwiw, nothing against DA but it's not like it's some no-name brand engine.

WMcNabb

150cc
are you seriously covering it with paper towels? that'll be great for absorbing spills but how does it do with the paint?

Ha! No. Papertowels are because I'm messy.

Covering is Polyspan. Slightly time consuming, but I wanted something a little different. Dope the entire structure, sand with 320, apply Balsarite, and iron on. Shrink with the iron. Then, one coat of full shrink dope, another of non-taughtening dope. Finally, prime and paint.