• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well I'll be dipped in :steamer:! I did something! That "stink" really helps!
he said stink eye dip chit
Oh!........
Am I going to have to get a shot now???
Photo326.jpg Photo327.jpg Photo328.jpg
Well :steamer:.Looks as if a new landing gear will be in order. It is a hair line crack
but may fail with a not so perfect landing.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Not GS, but I started a build last night. First build in 7 years, so I'm pretty excited to be gluing balsa again! Got the fuselage framed up on a Primo 60, starting on the wings tonight when I get home. It will have a DLE 20 gas engine and Solar servos, I figure it will make a good test plane for cheap servos to see how they hold up. Shooting for sub-7 lbs, with 1000 sq in, it should be floaty and nicely overpowered!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I roughed out a couple doors for the new nest boxes. Used some cedar and oak I had laying around. Just gotta glue em, screw em and paint em up. Oh and then install the hardware and attach them to the coop. Other than all that, they are pretty much done.:p

Hopefully I can finish up the coop rehab this week and then I can get back on track with my Grasshopper!
image.jpg

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Which solar servos are you running. The D770's are badass.

Those are the ones I'm running! Torn right now of whether to run a LiPo and a regulator for the ignition, or stick with a LiFe and give up some torque and speed. I'm leaning towards the LiPo and voltage regulator right now.

I love the profile builds, I got the fuselage all done last night in about an hour. Tonight I got the wing all framed up, stopped when it was time to do the sheer webs. Tomorrow night will be the sheer webs, hatches, and sheeting. At the rate this is going together, it should be ready for covering by the weekend!

BTW, this thing is huge compared to my other profile planes! Should be sub-7 lbs easily and a monster with the DLE 20 @ 14 lbs of thrust!

BalsaDust

Good deal. I have the 770's in my sbach45 profile. Running a li ion pack with a regulator on my throttle servo. Haven't had the chance to fly it yet though since the rebuild to try out the servos. Every decent weekend I have either been busy with the wife or working.

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Finally got the CC3D flight control board all tuned up right. Man this little bugger is fun to fly. Time to step up to bigger motors though. It's not fast enough.