• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Started a new plane tonight! It was windy all weekend... so no maiden on the Ryan. This is my first complete build using the magnetic building board. We shall see how accurate I can build this:)
95f446d299a4415f994c68a6d426e707.jpg
d806c7eea8e06a3943d337f7d9cc8d58.jpg
46e7c5b4b8848f57c34626f373eee9f2.jpg

That's a cool little plane. What power plant are you going with?

BalsaDust

IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG

Coming home from NC last night meeting our new nephew we heard a hissing sound coming from the car then the AC quit. Got home and found a hole in the condenser. Took it all apart and found the culprit. 1/4" Allen wrench got kicked up and went into it. I'm just glad it didn't go all the at through to the radiator.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Question... Debating on putting unregulated 2 Cell x2 lipos on a BoomaRC pin flag switch for a 35cc 3D plane with a TechAero. mAh???
I'm looking at the pulse batteries so my options are 1350 or 2250mAh. I wouldn't think there would be a large weight penalty, but as far as usable voltage for HV I'm leaning towards the 2250's I know that would be overkill on a dinky 35cc... Just brainstorming.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
roger that on the 2x 1350's They just seem so small lol! Anyone running that setup on a 35cc? Curious about flight times/flights. One problem I have that you guys may not, I do a lot of flying in the wintertime, Lipos hate the cold weather (usually keep them in the truck with the heater on before I use them). Then again they are so cheap, may just have a extra set or two and swap them out! Kinda like that idea now that I think about it!

Alky6

150cc
roger that on the 2x 1350's They just seem so small lol! Anyone running that setup on a 35cc? Curious about flight times/flights. One problem I have that you guys may not, I do a lot of flying in the wintertime, Lipos hate the cold weather (usually keep them in the truck with the heater on before I use them). Then again they are so cheap, may just have a extra set or two and swap them out! Kinda like that idea now that I think about it!
Running two(2) -1300 mAh lipos on an EF 78" extra with VVRC 40cc. Tech aero IBEC, so batts run everything. Can get four hard 10-11 minute flights and the packs usually end up about 7.5 volts.