• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

IMG_1257.JPG

Picked up a freebe last night. Was crashed the other day at our fun fly. All it needs is a new firewall and the landing gear mount repaired along with cowl and clear windshield. Think I'm gonna completely strip it though as the covering is pretty tired. It's a world models 1/4 scale clipped wing cub. I'm thinking it needs big ole tundra tires as well.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
View attachment 99127

Picked up a freebe last night. Was crashed the other day at our fun fly. All it needs is a new firewall and the landing gear mount repaired along with cowl and clear windshield. Think I'm gonna completely strip it though as the covering is pretty tired. It's a world models 1/4 scale clipped wing cub. I'm thinking it needs big ole tundra tires as well.
With your building skills, I can see some custom mods come into play :D

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 99127

Man we have a person at our field just loves to bringing a smashed plane back to life. That is one thing I do not like doing love to build and at times scratch build but repairing smashed planes no matter how miner I just do not like doing it. I will do my best to convince my self that it should be scrapped and a new one is required

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Working on my Precision Aerobatics Extra MX tonight. Had this plane for 4 or 5 years and I've never gotten around to flying it. That's going to change soon!

View attachment 99135
Oh and, Happy Halloween Witches!

You too!

I had that same exact plane (same green white black scheme). Flies awesome! Ran 2 2200 3S packs in series with it to keep it light and got 6-7 minute flight times w 14x7 prop. Plane met its demise in a most unusual way.......Wile driving home in my Ford "Ranger Danger" a delivery truck blew past me and literally "sucked" the fuse out of the back bed:face-palm:. Just as I saw the fuse hit the road in my rear view an oncoming car finished it off:eek:. True Story!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
You too!

I had that same exact plane (same green white black scheme). Flies awesome! Ran 2 2200 3S packs in series with it to keep it light and got 6-7 minute flight times w 14x7 prop. Plane met its demise in a most unusual way.......Wile driving home in my Ford "Ranger Danger" a delivery truck blew past me and literally "sucked" the fuse out of the back bed:face-palm:. Just as I saw the fuse hit the road in my rear view an oncoming car finished it off:eek:. True Story!

Ugh. :cryin:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
One of fellows always brought his planes to the field in an open pickup truck. And twice the plane was sucked out and badly damaged. From that time on he got a blanket and covered the plane with the blanket and then laid four bricks on the four corners and he has never had a problem again and does work well.

BalsaDust

Man we have a person at our field just loves to bringing a smashed plane back to life. That is one thing I do not like doing love to build and at times scratch build but repairing smashed planes no matter how miner I just do not like doing it. I will do my best to convince my self that it should be scrapped and a new one is required

I don't mind fixing them and when its a free airframe I really don't mind LOL.