Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Well I ran into a bit of a snafu this evening with the canopy replacement on the big Yak. After getting everything ready for the replacement canopy to be installed, I fully looked over the canopy and noticed far too many blemishes and imperfections. Also, the overall size of the canopy is bigger than the original. I am wondering if it was designed as such so that it could be trimmed to fit. Which I would probably be okay with if it weren't for so many imperfections. Right on top of the canopy in front of one of the cross braces, it looks as though the plastic has a deformity in it. Kind of like a bulge. Also, the paint lines are not perfectly straight and there are like tiny "dots" under the black paint on the top cross brace. If it were just one small imperfection, I would probably go with it, however there are just too many for me to be satisfied with. I have emailed Tony at Pilot RC with the photos and information. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. For the time being, I am not going to complete the canopy install at this time. I am hoping Tony and his team will get me the correct fitting canopy with no imperfections sent out soon. I did however get the rear canopy support glued in. Now it will be a waiting game.

20180111_185156.jpg 20180111_185203.jpg 20180111_185250.jpg

Here are just a couple of photos of the imperfections.

20180111_220043.jpg 20180111_220055.jpg 20180111_220125.jpg 20180111_220337.jpg 20180111_220345.jpg

I will keep you all posted on the outcome of this minor setback.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Yes like the booma switch have several and have never had a problem. They make a good product.

Travis Haney likes this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    See the muffler and it looks complicated, and cannot even figur how it works.

49dimes likes this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Very hard to tell if the glass cover over the panel looks any different from the photos. If you do it make sure it does not come off from the sun and vibration it would be real pain to fix once the put the canopy back on. Just have to comment on that Pilot boy does he look good.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    stangflyer likes this.
  5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

That looks like a Byron "Purr'n Power mount that they had for their Corsair.

Snoopy1, 49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  6. stangflyer

Thanks Snoop... he definately adds to the look of the plane. Decided against the clear gauge covers. I think they will offer no advantage or added benefits.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. stangflyer

That is what I was thinking.
    wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes, Snoopy1 and Jetpainter like this.
  8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

We have a winner of a chicken dinner :applause:. Sorry Snoop.... "No Soup for you" :sorry: . Rob gets what's behind curtain number 3 :cautious:.HeHe

Close Doug :congrats:. It is actually the Purr'n Power mount/mustang 50 combo. Will be going in a Byron P-47.

I just got to jig it up for a test run. Needs to be mounted in the plane to determine where to cut (if necessary) the muffler inlet header so the exhaust adapter fitting can be welded in place. For the bench test just going to "shove it" together. It is in really good shape and engine looks to be very low time. The owner just wants to make sure it starts and runs.

0112181607-00.jpg 0112181606-00.jpg 0112181607-01.jpg

stangflyer, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

It looked familiar because I built a Byron Corsair with one running a Quadra 50 in 1994. Unfortunately I never got to hear it run or see it fly since the guy I built it for was from Mexico. He didn't want me to test run it because he was afraid the gas smell would cause problems in customs.

CorsairSmall.JPG 07-09-2011 10;51;20PM6.JPG

AKNick, stangflyer, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Did you guys see this?

AJ2.jpg

Another airplane I need!!