• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I still have more work to do on the camper. While I was under it installing the sewer hose storage compartment, I spotted a bunch of unprotected wires. So I’m going to use some split loom to tidy up some wires.

I also ordered a wireless rear view camera for it. That should be here before the weekend. Hopefully I can get it installed Saturday morning.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Sorry, no pictures, but I got the Flex Innovation Cap 232 today. I got it out of the box and completely set up in less than an hour and a half! Went together extremely easily with some very slight changes to linkages and added a servo extension for the light control. Ready for maiden! Will have pictures of that for sure.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Picked up a new camper last Saturday. 19’ Starcraft Bunk House. Been working on it all week.

View attachment 103813

First thing I did was re-wire the battery. I didn’t like the way they had the wires routed and they zip tied them directly to some angle iron. So I re-routed them are used some snakeskin to protect them. I don’t think I have any pics of that though.

Next I installed a couple Maxxair vent covers so that we could leave the vents open without having to worry about rain getting in.

View attachment 103814
View attachment 103815

Then I built a sewer hose storage compartment using a 5”x 5” vinyl fence post. I know a lot of people use the rear bumper to store the sewer hose. But I was afraid it would cause the bumper to rust out. Plus the bumper is only 4” x 4” so the brackets and the elbow don’t fit in there.

View attachment 103816 View attachment 103817 View attachment 103818 View attachment 103819 View attachment 103820
Well congrats looks you are now ready to hit the road will see you at JoeNall. Just kidding looks good and enjoy it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is what we picked up in the fall of last year and is working out great. It is only 20 ft long and the trailer weighs 3700 lbs.
One thing it is a lot easier to pull around than a 36 ft fith wheel trailer that you really could not even get your planes in .

upload_2018-6-14_8-25-9.jpeg

Last edited: