• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well snoop's I have been busy cutting parts by hand to facilitate throttle servo, canister, fuel dot installation and fuse bottom access cover. I will get busy making a tail wheel shim too. You put a "Bug in my ear" and boy now it's really "bugging" me :concern:. lol

GOPR0410.JPG
GOPR0411.JPG
GOPR0416.JPG
GOPR0418.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well snoop's I have been busy cutting parts by hand to facilitate throttle servo, canister, fuel dot installation and fuse bottom access cover. I will get busy making a tail wheel shim too. You put a "Bug in my ear" and boy now it's really "bugging" me :concern:. lol

View attachment 108381 View attachment 108382 View attachment 108383 View attachment 108384
It’s coming along nicely. That is going to one nice plane with low maintenance. I agree with tail wheel if you like me not all my landings are perfect and have the tail wheel hit the rudder is not a good idea it is hard on the hinges and painful to replace.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I have decided to give it a try and fix the plane that I was given half a fuselage and one wing panel. Will take some photos later to show what I am starting with. Going draw it all up in cad and make sure the motor, ESC and batteries fit properly. Looking at the wing I got it looks like it will take to much to fix but I do have another wing half I think will work. So for now it looks like a 20cc tail section is going to build with a set of 30cc wings, should be interesting. Looking at QQ 30cc plane I have and compared to the 20cc plane and the 20 cc was the same size except the rudder was 1/2 inch smaller so it should work. Have start and make layout.