• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Was quite a chore but I did get the belly access panel done. Being I did it all by hand and sanded the edges of the openings I am going to prime and paint instead of covering it. I also made some servo arms from old mild steel arms, that came from a cheap ARF, by adapting aluminum servo wheels to them. The hangar 9 arms I had are 25T spline and Spektrum servos are 23T spline. My old arthritic fingers are not laser sharp ya know :errrr:.

GOPR0435.JPG
GOPR0434.JPG
GOPR0436.JPG
GOPR0437.JPG

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Was quite a chore but I did get the belly access panel done. Being I did it all by hand and sanded the edges of the openings I am going to prime and paint instead of covering it. I also made some servo arms from old mild steel arms, that came from a cheap ARF, by adapting aluminum servo wheels to them. The hangar 9 arms I had are 25T spline and Spektrum servos are 23T spline. My old arthritic fingers are not laser sharp ya know :errrr:.

View attachment 108421 View attachment 108422 View attachment 108423 View attachment 108424

Great job brother! Those servo arms look factory. Belly pan looks awesome too.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have been working on a better way to secure temp sensors and came across these (1st pic) but I am only using the brass part
(2nd pic), they go on the spark plug. They are working rather well and would like to find a source just for the brass part. Does anyone know where the brass part could be bought.

Attachments

• AT-V1-SENS.jpg
    AT-V1-SENS.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 155
  • AT-V1-SENS (2).jpg
    AT-V1-SENS (2).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 152

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have been working on a better way to secure temp sensors and came across these (1st pic) but I am only using the brass part
(2nd pic), they go on the spark plug. They are working rather well and would like to find a source just for the brass part. Does anyone know where the brass part could be bought.
You can get those from an electrical department in auto store. It is a wire crimp for wiring. The one you are showing are normally used under a fog light mounting bolt for grounding.