• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It’s always bothered me that my 88” EF Extra 300 had a big exhaust opening for cans from it’s previous life as a gasser. I bought it used and set it up for electric. The bottom of the plane was a little rough and it had slight balsa damage from the gear bending up at the ends of the flat part.

Did a little repairing and updated the vents. New CF gear is on the way.
Nice job looks good.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So I just happened to have a brand new RcExcel AO2 inside the Cub. Being the Cub is getting a new 35cc engine one day I just went ahead and stole it :sneaky:.

Also I find it very interesting that Pilot laser cuts their tie wrap openings perfectly for the RcExcel A02 ignition :sneaky::sneaky:.

GOPR0427.JPG

GOPR0461.JPG

GOPR0462.JPG

GOPR0465.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
@Jetpainter may I ask you to do me a favour. The biplane you are presently working on could you please measure a few things for me.
The cord length, the maximum thickness of the wing and how far back from the leading edge is the maximum thickness. And the wing span.
Thanks
The span is 92", the cord is 16", the wing is only 1 1/16" thick, and the high point is 5 7/8" from the leading edge.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 108511 View attachment 108512 View attachment 108513 View attachment 108514 View attachment 108515

A little build therapy before work this morning. Really cool to assemble a CNC cut kit that you designed yourself and see everything fit like it should. Fuse has no glue on it yet that is just roughly laid out to see it all together.
Nice work on the AutoCAD. Looks good and like that all the parts are slotted and fit together. Makes for a quick build and strong.
I have person looking at cutting a number of parts for me but it is taking a long time if it does not work out would be possible to ask you to help. It is out of 3mm light ply and 3mm good aircraft ply. It has been drawn up in AutoCAD and in metric.

BalsaDust

Nice work on the AutoCAD. Looks good and like that all the parts are slotted and fit together. Makes for a quick build and strong.
I have person looking at cutting a number of parts for me but it is taking a long time if it does not work out would be possible to ask you to help. It is out of 3mm light ply and 3mm good aircraft ply. It has been drawn up in AutoCAD and in metric.

Yeah I could pass your info on to my buddy if it doesnt work out on the path your on now.