• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

That did not take long and it looks good .interested to see how the wings connect to the fuselage.

That tube is not glued in to the fuse yet. Basically the wing is built as one piece and there is a channel running through the center section that that tube fits in. it will all key together. I think I'm gonna start a build thread here in a bit to explain it all as there are quite a few other pictures and I know this will be going to kit form and kits will be sold so need a decent reference point for others.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That tube is not glued in to the fuse yet. Basically the wing is built as one piece and there is a channel running through the center section that that tube fits in. it will all key together. I think I'm gonna start a build thread here in a bit to explain it all as there are quite a few other pictures and I know this will be going to kit form and kits will be sold so need a decent reference point for others.
Thanks

Thanks for that because it is still not clear for me, as the build goes on it will become obvious. What size plane is this, looks pretty small. Thanks.

BalsaDust

Ok I am in I have a few of those batteries let me know.

Yup as soon as my buddy does a kit run I will let you know. Basically he will open up a thread on the Probro site asking for preorders. I think he ask for have the funds up front to help with cost of materials. Normally leaves it open for a week or two then will cut a bunch at once. He just closed a thread on s kit run for a different profile where he got orders for around 15 of them. I assume when he kits this one he will get a similar response. Not sure what his price will be on it though.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup as soon as my buddy does a kit run I will let you know. Basically he will open up a thread on the Probro site asking for preorders. I think he ask for have the funds up front to help with cost of materials. Normally leaves it open for a week or two then will cut a bunch at once. He just closed a thread on s kit run for a different profile where he got orders for around 15 of them. I assume when he kits this one he will get a similar response. Not sure what his price will be on it though.
I do not follow prodro so if you can keep us informed it will be appreciated thanks. By the way what size servos is it designed for.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It's amazing the lengths a barbarian like me will go to to get something done. I hung the engine with wire ties to get the placement just right for the cowl. I drew around the standoffs then used that to drill my holes. It fits great!

I could have stood it on it's tail, set the engine on the firewall and stood on a ladder to make my marks, but I'm lazy.

20190203_170411_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well at this time not building anything so I had some time to figure out how to figure out how to balance a air craft by weight balance. A lot of the info out there is not very accurate and does not explain to get to the end point. Got all the calculations figure out and the spreadsheet is working. So tomorrow going to test it out on a plane. Trying to get the CG figured out on larger planes.