• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Don Sipes

New to GSN!
I helped my Grand son build a CO2 car for school over the weekend. A 5th grade project for Boys Club. Monday at school his car won coolest car, and today where they held the races. His car won his race, and was chosen peoples choice and most Unusual Car. Afterwards he was asked if he would build another to put on display at the Boys club Star Base Gallery. So I guess Kasey and I will be building another Killer Whale CO2 Racer. I am a very proud Grand dad and the Smile on his face when he stop by to tell me was PRICELESS !!!
View attachment 17311 View attachment 17312 View attachment 17313 View attachment 17314 View attachment 17315 View attachment 17316 View attachment 17317
Way to go guys! Good to have some shop time together, great memories.

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Making more sanding blocks. Decided I wanted a really long one for myself so the one in the back is 24" long. Should work great.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Really starting to love my sanding blocks from @cbarnes0061 .:way_to_go:
The added weight from the oak blocks is what really sets these apart from aluminum T-bar or aluminum Easy-Touch sanding bars. The weight of the blocks does all the work for you! All you have to do is move them back and forth. Got my leading edge shaped tonight in no time flat.
image.jpg
image.jpg

BalsaDust

Really starting to love my sanding blocks from @cbarnes0061 .:way_to_go:
The added weight from the oak blocks is what really sets these apart from aluminum T-bar or aluminum Easy-Touch sanding bars. The weight of the blocks does all the work for you! All you have to do is move them back and forth. Got my leading edge shaped tonight in no time flat.
View attachment 17510 View attachment 17511
That's great. glad you like them. Want a couple more? I think I know where you can get some from. Hell show em off to you buddies in the area and tell them you know a guy.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Photo300.jpg Photo305.jpg Photo301.jpg Photo302.jpg

Well after attempting the "Torque Roll to landing" maneuver some shop time and a look under the hood was due!

YS and Pro Flow are looking good after 5 gallons of 30%. Replaced the tires and only need paint on the repaired wheel pant.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Got some sanding done on the Grasshopper today. Should be ready for covering soon. Just have to contor a couple more edges and finish sand everything with 400.

BalsaDust

So I built my first mini quad at work last night.
Also took possession of a Carden 30% Cap 232. Me thinks I need to make some shorter standoffs for my DLE 55.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 204