• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Charles

70cc twin V2
2014-09-24 21.31.47.jpg2014-09-24 21.32.09.jpgI learned after doing the first side and wore a mask today I finished the other side and applied some filler to the seams I dont remember coughing that much as a kid. Getting old is hell. I've had that balsa block under the wing since 1958 the price tag says 35cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles

70cc twin V2
I havent had much time to work on the plane this week but got a little progress done on the flaps.Flaps.jpg

Charles

70cc twin V2
Finished the flaps and had a real problem. The plyowood strip on the trailing edge had a warp in the end of it and even though I constructed it on a flat surface when i removed it there was still a bend in the end of the trailing edge and it wouldnt mate with the trailing edge of the wing so I wet the whole flap and clamped it to a piece of flat tile and hopefully when it dries it will be streight . If not will have to rebuild it.

Charles

70cc twin V2
Helped it a little so rewet the flap and put it back on the flat furface and reclamped it and will let it set for a couple of days this time and see if that works

I think that it is coming along great. I know it takes time for thing to work out. Have patience. Good Job again.
Helped it a little so rewet the flap and put it back on the flat furface and reclamped it and will let it set for a couple of days this time and see if that works

Charles

70cc twin V2
p-40 flaps-2.jpgp-40 flaps.jpgP-40 Aleron -.jpgSuccess Wetting then clamping on a streight edge for 24 hours worked so finished the flaps today and then started work on the alerons. Im Going to use Robart super Hinge Point hinges to hinge the flaps does anyone have any experience in installing these and could give me some pointers. p-40 flaps.jpg