• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Product Twisted Hobbys- Official REVO P3 build and review thread

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Photo Sep 12, 7 19 17 PM.jpg

Glue the lower half of the vertical fuse in place, make sure it is 90 degrees to the horizontal fuse

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Photo Sep 12, 9 15 36 PM.jpg

Install right side beveled brace, I used thin CA. Use the full length on this side

Photo Sep 12, 9 27 39 PM.jpg

Left side beveled brace, full length not used. Note length in pic, doesn't need to be exact.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Photo Sep 12, 9 54 54 PM.jpg

Control horns: The top 2 are for the ailerons, the bottom left is for the elevator, bottom right is for the rudder. (strut shown for contrast only)

Photo Sep 12, 9 59 26 PM.jpg

Elevator horn

Photo Sep 12, 10 01 56 PM.jpg

Rudder horn. I like to lightly score the horns so the glue has more to grab onto.

Photo Sep 12, 10 06 33 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 12, 10 07 38 PM.jpg

Glue the elevator and rudder control horns in place. Rudder horn faces to the left of rudder, elevator horn on top.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Photo Sep 12, 10 36 20 PM.jpg

Elevator push rod components. Ok here is where I almost messed up!! I wasn't paying attention and used one the threaded aileron connectors on the smaller carbon push rods. I figured it out pretty quick and was able to save it. Threaded connector pictured here is for the aileron connecting rods. E1-E5 stand offs are for the elevator, the unmarked ones are for the rudder.

Photo Sep 12, 10 44 30 PM.jpg

Again, threaded connector pictured is the wrong one for the elevator.

Photo Sep 12, 10 50 06 PM.jpg

Stand offs glued in place, I use foam-tac so there is no chance of CA wicking up and gluing the carbon rod to the stand offs.

Photo Sep 12, 10 56 25 PM.jpg

Rudder push rod components. Correct threaded connector shown

Photo Sep 12, 11 10 30 PM.jpg

For reference: the top longer threaded connector is for the aileron connector rods

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Photo Sep 13, 8 29 38 PM.jpg

After you have glued the top and bottom, left and right wing halves together, cut a slot for the 4 long 1.5mm carbon rods in the top and bottom of each of the wings(top and bottom wings) Top of the bottom wing shown here
Photo Sep 13, 8 38 55 PM.jpg

Bottom of the bottom wing shown here

Photo Sep 13, 9 28 42 PM.jpg

Bottom of the top wing shown here