• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

danielph

50cc
Regardless of what you fly, it's always very entertaining, high-quality stuff. We appreciate it. See you at Nall 2014?
-Thanks. :) I would love to make Nall again, but am waiting to see how my financial and college situations are doing at that time. If I can make it, I will!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Daniel we need an event on this side of the country that is an equal to NALL!!! It's just so dang far for us.

danielph

50cc
You said it! I honestly don't think that anything could ever equal Nall, but we could certainly try. One of the things that makes Nall so fun is that it's a whole week. At the beginning of the week, it's so exciting to know that it's not going to end right away and by the end of the week, you've made so many awesome memories and are flying better than ever after 5-6 days of nonstop flying that the experience feels complete! The most fun that I have ever had in this hobby is Nall! Where could we find a facility around here that would allow for so much constant action?

Well, after hearing that, I agree. Nothing beats Nall. I'm just proud for Aaron and I to have seen you the last two years. On our first night at our first Nall, I got you to let me take a picture of you and Aaron AND we got a set of lights from Michael. Then last year we bothered you every day asking questions about the EF 70" Extra :facepalm: LOL ... but, it is true that there is a peace and focus to staying immersed in hobby for a week. It's so well attended by vendors and hobbyists that when you come back, it's really satisfying. The grass is perfect. And, the weather's usually nice too.

Aaron%20andDaniel%20Holman%20at%20Nall[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the 70 is on rails. Aaron did a couple demos on it at the end of last season. We have some video of it. He flew the 104 in IMAC all season as well I think you saw it in front of the RV at Nall and we were talking about the spinner (SMJ). We had just maidened that at Nall 2013. Ahhh the memories....

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You said it! I honestly don't think that anything could ever equal Nall, but we could certainly try. One of the things that makes Nall so fun is that it's a whole week. At the beginning of the week, it's so exciting to know that it's not going to end right away and by the end of the week, you've made so many awesome memories and are flying better than ever after 5-6 days of nonstop flying that the experience feels complete! The most fun that I have ever had in this hobby is Nall! Where could we find a facility around here that would allow for so much constant action?

That's the BIG question. You've flown all over... any ideas? My field (even though we have two runways now) can't really support an event of that size due to the uncertainty of crops and harvest time. Wenatchee is awesome but a bit small for something that big. Do you know anything about Gary Weaver's Field? I have heard great things about it. Evergreen is amazing and will have a hotel on the property but has a lot of restrictions as you know and one small field. I have been thinking about how to do something of that size for quite a while. I will keep thinking....

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ha Ha Ha.... sorry guys for kind of taking this topic sideways... Daniel and I have started a PM to discuss...