• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

hone

150cc
Looking forward to your thoughts on the inferno. Though I'm sure RCF did a great job I haven't got my hands on one yet.

I've been busy playing with the Telink Toro900 and just ordered a cCopter. I'm thinking I'll put that together over the weekend. Then I still need to order a Beaver and either a Crack Yak mini or Crack Pitts mini.
I better get on it before the next round of planes comes out. I'm falling behind :eek:

Hey guys. The Beaver is running 9g Tower Pro servos on the ails and then 4g Tower Pros for the tail surfaces I believe.

On the inferno, the rudder is like a barn door. This thing looks fantastic. Cool flame scheme and builds up really clean. Think we nailed it on the build. Changed a few things from Chris' build but it wil add a very small amount of weight. Used two small black zip ties to make hoops which CA to the wingspar on the bottom of the wing. These are guides for the aileron pushrods which were flexing a bit. This fixes all that. Added a carbon rod from the wheel pants to the fuse a couple inches back so I have super sturdy gear. I put a bit of flat carbon on the bottom of the wheel pants for skids so the plane will slides fast on the floor in the gym. Got the CG at 9.25 inches back from the front of the fuse and it wound up putting my 2S 250 mah TH Batt right in front of the aileron servo. Man, super stoked for Sunday guys an gals. I think this thing is gonna be nice. Used the 8x4.3 by mistake and should have put the 9x4.7 on right from the get-go. Probably change it tonight... All the throws are GIANT SIZED on high rates. The rudder hits the elevator when it's pegged and the elevator will hit either end of it's slot. The aileron throw on high rate looks like 50-60 degrees. These throws are probably a bit too big but it's always better to have too much throw than not enough... :p

Here is the Inferno. An EPP plane that is an awesome aerobatic platform for 3D and precision pilots alike. Superb looks, jaw dropping slow and low performance, faster 3D turnarounds, rolling precisely, floaty in post-stall, cool tailslides, smooth and well behaved like nothing else we've checked out... Oh man this thing is really fun. Video is literally unedited with a couple freestyle mixes over it. Camera only had 3 minutes of battery left when we got to the gym. Would like to have a better product to show here but just as excited to post about the Inferno. The next few months of flying it are going to be sweet.
[video=youtube;NB5tXNZjfuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5tXNZjfuA&list=UUThta2neZSH0t0G_ByTk-IA&feature=c4-overview[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here is the Inferno. An EPP plane that is an awesome aerobatic platform for 3D and precision pilots alike. Superb looks, jaw dropping slow and low performance, faster 3D turnarounds, rolling precisely, floaty in post-stall, cool tailslides, smooth and well behaved like nothing else we've checked out... Oh man this thing is really fun. Video is literally unedited with a couple freestyle mixes over it. Camera only had 3 minutes of battery left when we got to the gym. Would like to have a better product to show here but just as excited to post about the Inferno. The next few months of flying it are going to be sweet.
[video=youtube;NB5tXNZjfuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5tXNZjfuA&list=UUThta2neZSH0t0G_ByTk-IA&feature=c4-overview[/video]

wow! nice! :) Can't wait to see the build thread and more videos!!

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Video is blocked for me because of copyright restrictions - music apparently.

Possible to share the video without the sound track?

Compare and contrast to crack yak or crack laser?

Very interested

hone

150cc
Video is blocked for me because of copyright restrictions - music apparently.

Possible to share the video without the sound track?

Compare and contrast to crack yak or crack laser?

Very interested

I think it's only blocked on mobile devices cause I had the same problem on my phone but it played on my laptop?

Nice flying btw, Aaron!

- Joe V.

Last edited by a moderator: