• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Weather man said today was to be " best day by far" this week, so I took half a day off and went to fly this morning.

I might have been a bit optimistic - tho we had sun, the ground was still snow or ice. Wind was 7-15 and temp was 30ish.

Flew anyway, with my similarly insane chort, Joe J

Batteries were shot about a minute earlier than usual.

The good news is that our grass site is covered in snow with a frozen crust, so landing was like having a huge white paved runway.

Bipenut53

150cc
That sucks!! Your wind today will be my wind this weekend.... and rain.... and... I guess I'll get some build time on my new 39" Crack Yak :thumbup:
I did get a couple more flights in this afternoon.... maybe a little more before your wind hits us....

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
That sucks!! Your wind today will be my wind this weekend.... and rain.... and... I guess I'll get some build time on my new 39" Crack Yak :thumbup:
I did get a couple more flights in this afternoon.... maybe a little more before your wind hits us....

LOL! Rain is over. Today was a nice clear sunny day but just way to windy for the foamy. I'd fly all day in it with the 35%'r. Work sucks!

Bipenut53

150cc
Lol I hear ya.... Self employed sometimes has its advantages at times..... I flew 5 more batteries through my 32" crack yak.... Can't wait till I get its big brother done!

dougb

50cc
Six flights today with blue sky, 71F and almost calm. Ahhh, life is good.
Bummer that wind quit and mosquitoes showed up. Argh.

Sorry to hear weather didn't cooperate for all Twisted pilots today.

Doug B.

TH_MXS-C_at_work3.jpg

Bipenut53

150cc
Well I got my 39" Crack Yak a couple days ago and started building it yesterday afternoon after getting the hinge lines broke in. Got the wings, spars and horizontal stabilizer together. Next to put carbon fiber stiffeners in and so forth.... Life is good!! Looks like I'll have it done before the weather breaks so it will sit before I get a chance to maiden next week