• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Pictures you say??? Ok so here is some, just getting ready to glue on the rudder. Ok so I have a question, you see where my servo leads come out.... The rudder servo lead just comes out of the truss support, I think I will have enough room to plug the receiver in and glue the receiver to the truss support but no extra room at all, is that normal? Oh and that was fun getting that servo lead snaked through the truss!!

022.JPG018.JPG021.JPG019.JPG020.JPG

I need to clean my hobby room.... but the build comes first!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
I would have bought the same scheme as you but you bought them all and now they are out of stock on that scheme!! lol I didnt want to wait for it to come back into stock, I wanted to fly that bad boy!! getting there!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so I got the rudder glued on, couple more pictures......

023.JPG024.JPG

Gonna let that dry overnight, seems like a good stopping point as Im not looking forward to the control rods.....

dougb

50cc
I would have bought the same scheme as you but you bought them all and now they are out of stock on that scheme!! lol I didnt want to wait for it to come back into stock, I wanted to fly that bad boy!! getting there!!

LOL, I only bought 2 :)

Control rods are easier on the big boy than a 32". Exception being the MXS-C, it's easy cheesy.

Doug B.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Now don't get me wrong I love the Crack Pitts but the control rods are exceptionally difficult from lower to upper aileron. I'm sure others have no problem with it but my hands shake when I'm doing really precise work with a sore back. Broke my back 15 years ago and it's never been the same!

Bipenut53

150cc
Thanks Mike and Doug!! I can't wait to get it done but then I won't be able to fly it till this rain and wind are gone... I know the Crack Yak does well in the wind but we are having wind gusts to 40 mph, a bit much I think lol

dougb

50cc
Not disagreeing, the small parts can be a pain. Especially if you have health challenges. (Wow Mike! broken back!? Ouch!)

Just saying the larger aircraft are a bit easier.

LOL, that's a bit too much wind for foam I think.

Doug B.