• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Mike that does look like a pain in the butt for the crack pitts, I for one am not a fan of the new TH control rod plastic pivot ends. They are hard to get into the hole without modification. I found that I did not have the correct drill bit size to keep the connection tight on the control horn or servo arm, so what I did was to heat a nail slightly, not too hot where it just melts the plastic but warm enough to resize it a little. It took a couple of tries to get the correct size but I finally got it on my 32" Crack Yak. I kinda liked the z bends a little better for ease of setting up correct length. Those may not work well on your slave rod on the Crack Pitts though. Just my opinion.

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok its on gear, and just about done, just got to glue on the ESC, tuck wires away and put battery on cg...... The longest foamy build I have done to date but worth it... Oh yeah I got pictures.....

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Now if the weather would clear!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so I just got back from the maiden............. WOW!!!! What an airplane!!!! It is great, I got 3 8 minute flights with 950 mha batteries. Ive been reading a ton on this site on mixing in your transmitter, I have a Spektrum DX-8 and I did a little mixing to mix out coupling and roll on knife edge. I did the maiden at the middle school (No kids there because they built a new school) and in the second flight I got the mix right and put it on knife edge and flew almost the whole battery flying knife edge over the track that goes around the football field. Very predictable!! I gained altitude, descended, and stayed the same altitude all with throttle management. You were right Doug and Mike!! I love this thing!!! Now I got some mixing work to do on the 32" Crack Yak and Crack Turbo Beaver. Thank you guys for the information on this thing!
Dennis

dougb

50cc
I must resist flying over pavement, I must resist flying over pavement ... :eek:
Especially on a day when I'm pushing my skillz. :(

Doug B.

MXS-C_props.jpg

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Same here, I carry lots of spare props, and keep the O rings on my transmitter antenna.

Also carry that nifty O ring install tool from TH.

dougb

50cc
I'm running out of spares LOL. +1 for the O ring tool from TH. :)

I'm not very smart flying over the road. Need to stay over the grass.

Doug B.