• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper 120cc ARF is HERE!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
We had to shorten the wing tube on Marks before he flew it Sunday. It flew awesome! Very light. DA120 / Viper outperformed my DA120/104 in stability/wing rock. My 104 is 28.5 lbs and IMO does not like the weight and increased wing loading. As far as DA 120 knowing the difference in weight.......NOPE. Viper lands way better than the 104 too!

Performing exactly as designed then ;)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
.....I should clarify that last statement in relation to @49dimes comments. The Viper was never designed to compete with the EF 104, but you exactly pointed out a few differences that are noticeable to planes like the 104. I've got a number of EF planes myself and they have a good product however the 104 is designed with wing loading etc. etc. to excel at high energy 3D and precision.

The Viper on the other hand is one of few planes out there that has been designed from the beginning to be great at "low and slow" and precision. I can't go into specifics of "why" it does what it does because there are too many copy cat companies nowadays. Once you test drive one you will understand.

People that are maybe new to 3D and still practicing certain things will find the PAU Viper very friendly with no bad tendency's. Unless you give the wrong input it won't dip or fall out of pretty much anything.....yet it will wind up in crank shafts, KE spins, etc. with the best of them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yes @Terryscustom thank you.......The 104 is an awesome air frame but one that will quickly show the flaws of the less skilled pilot. And I'm am not touting my own personal skills (I suck lol). I know of a few guys who have a 104 in the box and it will most likely stay there because they are just not ready for it. The Viper "fits" the genere of the "work in progress" pilot. Great Job! on the design my friend. It fits the BAD AZZ Pilots too! though.

Hoistguy

50cc
My son and I are super excited about this airplane, I can't wait to see the smile he gets after flying!
I have a feeling he's going to love the VIPER!

Hoistguy

50cc
image.jpeg We now have a pair of Vipers at our field!

Terry, where is the CG on the Viper? Just about done with the build, hope to maiden it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry, where is the CG on the Viper? Just about done with the build, hope to maiden it this weekend.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Center of wing tube is neutral CG. The plane has an extremely broad range of CG so you will not have any surprises if you are +/- of that.

sweetpea

100cc
I just took a huge hit on my taxes (from the Divorce). I didn't see that coming:doh!:

So my viper will most likely stay with the Edge gear....JR8411's all around and a 3W106. The Edge will go in storage until I financially catch up in about 8-12months. So it will probably be a next winter recover job instead of this summer.

It also puts my FW-190D9 on hold (again). No money for the gear, retract canopy, servos.