• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks will get a lightened Ultimate spinner and add the necessary carbon to the tail surfaces so that they can be cored as required to balance. Thanks again.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks will get a lightened Ultimate spinner and add the necessary carbon to the tail surfaces so that they can be cored as required to balance. Thanks again.

I think you misunderstood. Coring is optional and is in no way required, plane balances fine with or without coring so it's builders choice. I normally add .007 carbon to the trailing edges just for rigidity. If you plan to core then by all means put it where you see fit.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I don't know why but I've been reading through this thread from the front again and I'm getting the serious urge to do a Viper kit build! [emoji33] Never did a kit before, but I've done enough reading that I seem to think I could do this one. [emoji45] Not sure what I'd be getting into but this one looks simple and fairly straight forward.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I don't know why but I've been reading through this thread from the front again and I'm getting the serious urge to do a Viper kit build! [emoji33] Never did a kit before, but I've done enough reading that I seem to think I could do this one. [emoji45] Not sure what I'd be getting into but this one looks simple and fairly straight forward.
Hey that would be cool! I am planning on building one this winter.:banana-dance: We could have a dual build party in my shop, now that would be fun! :epic:

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Hey that would be cool! I am planning on building one this winter.:banana-dance: We could have a dual build party in my shop, now that would be fun! :epic:
If only I wasn't spending the winter in Central America.... [emoji6] Oh well, you can keep the cold weather.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Terryscustom could you please clarify this for me. Started doing some minor assembly on the V-St. The two attached photos show 2 bags of parts. Would like to build the servo boxes just to get started on something. Shown on the second photo is the box put together from the one bag but not glued. Laying on top is a piece of plywood shaped like a "T" from the other bag does this T go with the servo box. Or does it fit in another location. Tanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 376
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 438

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, back in the thread I show the boxes assembled and you should put some tri-stock under that portion for the servo screws to go into as well.

Found it for you but I encourage anyone building the plane to read through the thread, I took pictures of every conceivable part of the assembly: http://giantscalenews.com/threads/viper-st-100-120cc-scratch-build-it-continues.884/page-43

Those building the plane, the best place to start is page 21 of this thread. GSN did some switching so some earlier pics were lost and I actually started a second plane at page 21.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Terry thanks for the reply. Would you be kind enough to help me out as you can see from the attached photos my servo does not fit the servo boxes. Need the box to be 21.3 mm wide they are at 20.3 mm wide. Second the length is 41-mm long and need it to be 42-mm long. Would it be possible to cut me a new set of servo boxes for the plane. Please let me know how much that will be. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 331

ericrs

70cc twin V2
@Terryscustom I was working on putting the wing tubes in and I run into a bit of a problem. I haven't glued anything in yet. I have got them level with the top of the fuse, but when you sight down between the main wing and the stab they are off. I must have a slight twist in the fuselage. When its setting on a table the one corner is raised up just a bit, and when I bring it down to the table than the tubes line up. I tried to get some pics of the problem. Any thoughts on what should be done?

Attachments

• 2016-01-28 21.25.02.jpg
    2016-01-28 21.25.02.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 2016-01-28 21.49.11.jpg
    2016-01-28 21.49.11.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 2016-01-28 21.50.32.jpg
    2016-01-28 21.50.32.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 381