• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry thanks again for the clarification. That was helpful. Enjoying the build and I must say you must have spent some time playing around from the cad drawings to the laser cut parts to get the offset just right for the laser with. Great job.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Whatever size fits your needs, that's the beauty of building a kit, you get to choose components and even change the plane to fit your individual requirements.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ericrs hi how are you doing. Got the fuse done, cowl and the landing gear. Started looking at vacuum bagging the stabilizer. Did some layouts of all the parts going into the stab. Have you done this yet. Did a layout in Auto-Cad and to install a Robart hinge it looks like you have to cut 9/16 off one end. This is to prevent it from going into the tube. Not much left of the pin going in to the stab. Let me know what you got and if you get the same result.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
@ericrs hi how are you doing. Got the fuse done, cowl and the landing gear. Started looking at vacuum bagging the stabilizer. Did some layouts of all the parts going into the stab. Have you done this yet. Did a layout in Auto-Cad and to install a Robart hinge it looks like you have to cut 9/16 off one end. This is to prevent it from going into the tube. Not much left of the pin going in to the stab. Let me know what you got and if you get the same result.
I have not got to sheeting the stabs yet. I got the turtle deck, belly pan, and canopy deck sheeted tho. It's going a bit slow now because my work has picked up. I just did some very quick measuring on my stab and it looks like mine will be about the same. You might see what Terry says about it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ericrs
Thanks for the quick reply. I have not done any sheeting yet. I was just looking at the stab. By the way looked through the thread and could not find anything about the hinges.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
@ericrs
Thanks for the quick reply. I have not done any sheeting yet. I was just looking at the stab. By the way looked through the thread and could not find anything about the hinges.
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but it seems to me that those hinges should hold fine cut like that. By the way vacuum bagging is the coolest thing!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp

This is pretty typical for almost any plane out there and basically every aerobatic ARF as well to have to trim the inner hinges to keep them from hitting the tube sleeve. The only part of the hinge that holds anything is the 1/2" where it touches the wood and whatever little blob is on the inside of the wood. All that is required.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Terryscustom hi. Questions on the mounting of the wing. At the trailing edge of the wing in the fuse you have to holes in the fuse one for a pin and the second for bolting the wing to the fuse.
Would you be so kind to explane which method you you use.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
@Terryscustom hi. Questions on the mounting of the wing. At the trailing edge of the wing in the fuse you have to holes in the fuse one for a pin and the second for bolting the wing to the fuse.
Would you be so kind to explane which method you you use.

Not sure I completely understand, both the front and the back will have a wood dowel anti-rotation pin and a wing bolt of your choice. I use glass filled nylon bolts typically.

Detailed pictures and explanation here in the thread: http://giantscalenews.com/threads/viper-st-100-120cc-scratch-build-it-continues.884/page-42

Last edited: