• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Can't wait to get this from you. I have been wanting one ever since you built the first one. I have my stuff sitting on the bench waiting to go in. Can't tell you how excited I am to get going on this.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry the cowl is looking great!

I'll be watching with interest as always! I really enjoy your build threads.

Doug

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;19353 wrote: If this comes together I may entertain the idea of doing a small run of RTC or ARF builds. If I build 2-3 at a time it can be done pretty efficiently especially with Rick doing the foam work via CNC!! They obviously won't be ARF prices, but they also don't fly like a stick built ARF. I can't wait to hear what Hawkeye thinks of his.

You better! I would be in for sure. I love my arfs but nothing beats a foam core wing and a custom kit. Price don't matter. An arf in a custom scheme would be killer!

Sub'd ... But you knew I'd be following along. I remembered after leaving DesMoines that you wanted me to look at your plug for you. I was busy keeping track of the time and forgot to get over to your trailer in the afternoon.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
lakerider8;19411 wrote: Sub'd ... But you knew I'd be following along. I remembered after leaving DesMoines that you wanted me to look at your plug for you. I was busy keeping track of the time and forgot to get over to your trailer in the afternoon.

That's cool, Rick filled me in on some tips and I'll be showing pics on here in another week or so when I get to glassing / etc. so don't be afraid to jump in and tell me what I'm doing wrong!!

BTW guy's, Lakerider was nice enough to let me fly his Chipmunk (see his avatar) that he scratch built over on the other site. For a very large plane with a DLE55 on the nose that thing was awesome!!! Very clean flying and easy to fly scale. I kept thinking it would be really fun to fly that in Sportsman IMAC and have a scale flying plane flying a scale like routine!! Hope you find time for more builds in the future.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Looks like someone let the cat out of the bag.:cocksure: Terry has been talking to me about the possibility of kiting the Viper for a while. Terry and I have had several phone conversations and have met in person a few times at some of the local events. He is a stand up guy and a craftsman for sure. We both strive for perfection and want to produce the best quality kit possible. So with that said it was an easy decision to work on manufacturing some of his designs.:shaking-hands-smile

We are still working on the details such as best use of materials and machine time and trying to set up a cost effective price to offer the kits. Basically Terry would be doing the Lazar cut parts and we (Fibertech N More) will be doing the CNC foam, Fiberglass and Canopy’s. Terry’s kits will be offered basically in the same fashion as the Hyper LITE and Chipmunk. They will be sold as Starter Kits with the list of what and where the customer will need to purchase items needed to finish the kit. We will be adding the Viper to the new fleet of Starter Kits on the web site soon.

Feel free to PM us if your really interested in the Viper and we will start a want list.

We are going to kind of use this build thread as a manufacturing thread also. We feel that maybe some of you would like to see what all it takes to develop a kit from ground up and get it to production and out the door in the US.

As you can see Terry has been working on new plugs for cowl and canopy. He has also been working on best use Lazar time for cutting all the wood parts. I have started on all the CNC files for cutting foam.

More info to come. :winking-thumbs-up-s

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Awe crap, there was a cat in that bag:confused:

Just kidding, yes as Rick said and as I've told everyone from day one......it has to make sense. Obviously it costs $$ to provide the best materials and top of the line CNC cut, Laser cut and cad designed products with multiple prototypes and testing. That's why I like Rick, I don't see him doing anything half baked. I've been self employed for 12 years in a different industry for one reason......we do things better that most and we don't do half-baked.

So, if we can make this happen, we will. The LAW is on board as well as she is in charge of cutting G10 and any aluminum parts that need to be CNC cut in our shop. I have lots of ideas for other designs including one other one in particular that I have already built two prototypes for and a couple of kits.

Bdegan

50cc
Very Cool guys !!!!!

The thought of a 35 % style airframe on a DA70 has me very intrigued :nodding-yes-by-a-ve