• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not a fast builder just busy putting a check sheet together with the corresponding thread number to the particular build section so that when i build the plane i will have all the info on hand. Building will be doen this comming winter.

Last edited:

rcbuff22

30cc
sorry Terry read most of the build thread again up to page 66 but could not find any info on the size of the ailerons, elevator and the rudder cut outs. Is there a drawing showing the layout of the wing ailerons and servo boxes and the same for the stabilizer, and rudder. thanks again.

I will need this to

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Not a fast builder just busy putting a check sheet together with the corresponding thread number to the particular build section so that when i build the plane i will have all the info on hand. Building will be doen this comming winter.

Just follow the build thread in order for the fuse assembly and you will be fine. I broke it down into steps and each post is in order because I was actually building a plane. Starting post is 195. http://www.giantscalenews.com/threa...tch-build-it-continues.884/page-20#post-25954

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Terry, I apologize if this is covered previously but just curious if a set of front dump pro-flows would work on this air frame? I have a set laying around and don't know if I want to hang on to them for putting in one of these or just sell them now and get some in cowls.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
The plane is not designed to accommodate canisters or pipes sorry. The ARF will but the kit version is built for super light K.I.S.S. fun.

Works for me! Anybody wanna buy a set of medium barely used pro-flows with 50mm drop headers as it seams I won't have a use for them...lol. I wouldn't mind getting the ARF version but I neeeeeed to do a kit and other than the plane looking bad a$$ the ease of assembly is why I'm drawn to this one....hope to pick your brain more about it in person at the taildragger event in a couple of months.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I will have the green one at the taildragger event (most likely) If I do, I'll give you a flight on it depending on where I am at with the ZDZ112 testing in that airframe.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Any chance on there ever being a sweet deal again like these were when first introduced on Fibertech's website? Kicking myself in the butt for not buying it then.

Also, I haven't had a chance to go through the complete thread but did the control horns ever become available for purchase with the kit?

And one more, I'm not a builder by any means so I usually don't have much laying around in terms of spare balsa/ply. Do you have any recommendations for some extra stock other than what's listed for the sheeting/end points that would useful in completing the build?