• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WE ALL NEED TO ACT TO SAVE THE HOBBY

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well I know senators Portman and Brown from Ohio got at least one, I sent mine out as soon as I got it this morning.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Here is the actual verbiage in case people are interested:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/Inhofe3596.pdf

Current version of the Senate bill, amendments not applied yet:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/S2658_4-4-16.pdf

Note that the proposed amendment softens the FAA certification language, opens up an avenue for airman testing to be done by a CBO like the AMA, but still retains the need for a test along with some other troubling items.

Here is an email I got today:

Hi Bill,

We have an amendment in place to resolve the 400 foot limit. Ideally we want the limit removed entirely, but initially the Senate only agreed to accept an amendment that exempts AMA members. This amendment is not part of the Inhofe amendment, but it is in place. As for the test, we believe it should be removed. If our ask is denied, we believe members should be exempt or be permitted to take a test through the AMA (perhaps as part of the renewal process). Inhofe's amendment does address the test portion.

Know that we are still early in this process. The House hasn't voted on their version yet, which appears to not have any major issues and actually includes some extra protections we submitted. Then the two bills go through another round of revisions and amendments with a whole new committee. Considering this is a key election year, there is also a chance this process may stall and roll into 2017.

Chad Budreau
Academy of Model Aeronautics
Public Relations and Government Affairs
765.287.1256 x227

Done.

Not sure I am going to enjoy waiting until 2017 possibly to have an outcome but I'll take it.

I have the Dalton 300 I'm building and I'm holding off buying a motor and servos just to see what happens.