• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What beer ya drinking tonight?

Mikeq

150cc
dirty-bastard.jpg

Well I thought I would broaden my horizons and try something different... Dirty Bastard... Scottish style ale by Founders Brewing in Grand Rapids Michigan.. 8.5% alcohol by volume with a 50 IBUs rating which is a medium bitterness rating.., heavy on the malt but smooth no bad aftertaste.  Excellent beer if you are a malt lover.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
This if I can upload a photo. Not bad but a little light for my taste.

Sorry it is a Kona Brewing Co.

Longboard Lager. 

But...... GSN is still not friendly with my Android.  @Sleepyc; @Bartman; 

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Mikeq said
dirty-bastard.jpg

Well I thought I would broaden my horizons and try something different... Dirty Bastard... Scottish style ale by Founders Brewing in Grand Rapids Michigan.. 8.5% alcohol by volume with a 50 IBUs rating which is a medium bitterness rating.., heavy on the malt but smooth no bad aftertaste.  Excellent beer if you are a malt lover.
Hmmm. Looks interesting Mike. Send me one!
icon_razz.gif

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
pawnshopmike said
Drinking some Bell's Two Hearted Ale tonight. It's a 7% IPA. I don't recommend this one unless you're a true IPA lover. Very strong hoppy flavor. Mikey like!

image-6.jpg
Absolutely one of the best beers there is.  Fantastic beer.  It should be sipped like wine, so much flavor.

David

Mikeq

150cc
pawnshopmike said
Hmmm. Looks interesting Mike. Send me one!
icon_razz.gif
I will or we can trade...went looking for the Two Hearted Ale when I found that Dirty Bastard...hey wait that don't sound right..hehe They also have one called Porter that's highly recommended and a good seller..If it has a 97 rating or higher it must be good...right?

Mikeq

150cc
Daytonarc said
This if I can upload a photo. Not bad but a little light for my taste.

Sorry it is a Kona Brewing Co.

Longboard Lager. 

But...... GSN is still not friendly with my Android.  @Sleepyc; @Bartman; 
I take pics with my Android and send them to myself..jump on my PC and download the picture to pictures...when I post I upload the pic to GSN from pictures.  I was using Tapatalk but it doesn't work anymore with Wordpress...

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok boys, I gotta new one tonight. First time I've ever had a Black IPA. A friend of mine picked this up for me while he was on vacation in Florida. It's Shipyard Black IPA brewed in Portland Maine. @6.2% it's on the lighter side of what I usually drink but it has plenty of flavor to make up for it.

It's kinda weird drinking a beer that has the head and texture of a stout, and the flavor of an IPA. It's a creamy IPA! 
image-9.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
pawnshopmike said
 It's Shipyard Black IPA brewed in Portland Maine. @6.2% it's on the lighter side of what I usually drink
6.2%? That's pretty low in alcohol...Man  I thought we had minimum standards here??? Hee hee... just joking around. Damn my" to look for list of beers" starting to get big. If I go out of state I will have to make sure keep that list with me..

Mikeq

150cc
Trying another Founders brew called Porter... The bottle says it's dark, rich and sexy. It's definitely dark and rich don't understand where the sexy part comes in... I guess if you drink enough of it you'll think you're sexy. 6.5% by volume with a 45 IBU... Not a bad beer but I kinda like the Dirty Bastard a little better.

porter.jpg